http://www.cavalryarms.com/vids/Saiga.wmv

Saiga highlights from 2007 to 2008.

The first gun I used had an AK74 style brake and Kobra sight. I eventually sold the Kobra as it often wasn't bright enough for use in AZ, the 12 gauge recoil crushed the batteries over time, it required the use of a cheek piece and had to be taken off to clean the gun...it never returned to zero.

In between optics I used the factory iron sights...they were less than ideal.

I then went to a J-point on an AMS machine mount, and put a polychoke on the gun. The polychoke has helped a lot for competition use, and I have even dialed it up in the middle of a course on rare occasions if the steel proved too heavy.

The J-point lasted about 6 months before either the recoil killed it, the gun got slammed into too many grounding barrels, or both. I went to an Aimpoint Micro on Ultimak rail, and it has been working great for the last 8 months.

I recently replaced the recoil spring after approximately 5,000 rounds fired. The Wolff 1911 "B" Spring is of almost identical strength and has the correct number of coils.

• 1 month later...

SR,

I like your style and the way you use your weapon, great job!

I also like the way you have your optic mounted, might try a COBRA Rail at some point.

Let me ask you this do you plan to be at the Pan-America Shotgun Championship in 2010?