Hello all, Happy 4th of July to every1. First of all let me say this site is the best without it i wouldnt have known about all the cool conversion options. I'm in the middle of my first .223 conversion and i am getting all parts from gilberts. I've had my saiga for less than a year and its been a great gun for me to shoot and convert. A few questions, first will the retainer from the tapco saiga galil handguard work for regular ak handguards? It looks like it would but i was curious if any1 has tried it or knows. The second queston, the promag polymer 30rd mag, will they work in my saiga? and work good? i do not have the bullet guide ramp b/c i got a deal on 5 surefire polymer 30rd'ers for 100 bucks and i have not had any issues. most comments about the promags i've heard has been negative, but if they work as well as the surfires i'll get'em. also, are they u.s.compliant? Centerfiresystems.com has'em for 15.99 each or 4 for 49.99. Any help would b appreciated, thanks in advance. Imma post pics as soon as i get done, hopefully the next few days.

The Galil style retainer will work to hold a regular AK hand guard, but it's gonna look like shit. The retainer is very big. It doesn't look bad with the big Galil style handguard, but once you mate it up to a nice slim AK hand guard the thing is gonna stick out really bad.

The Galil style retainer will work to hold a regular AK hand guard, but it's gonna look like shit. The retainer is very big. It doesn't look bad with the big Galil style handguard, but once you mate it up to a nice slim AK hand guard the thing is gonna stick out really bad.

I, too, have wondered if that would work. Does anyone have pictures of such an installation?

• 3 months later...

I, too, have wondered if that would work. Does anyone have pictures of such an installation?

002-1.jpg

001-1.jpg