C-More

EOTech

Aimpoint

OKO

JPoint

Tasco PDP4

Doctor

Pride-Fowler

I run C-More on most of my competition guns; they are easy to use, stand up to abuse, and the battery life is good. OKO are the same configuration, but are all plastic (including the 1913 "feet") and can be abused to failure easier than the C-More...even though the OKO has a better dot, the battery lasts longer, and it s a lighter and shorter sight.

I've been evaluating the Pride-Fowler (Doctor/Jpoint type sight), and so far am happy with it. Metal with a glass lens (and best of all, it has a top-side battery compartment so you can change the battery without having to remove the sight from the mount and then rezeroing the darn thing).

EOTech are big and heavy, with fuzzy reticles. I didn't like 'em in the Desert, and I don't like them for working guns. For a duty-type weapon, I really like the Aimpoint (I have both M2 and M3, and not the M4 because I am poor)...the dot lasts forever, the sights are tough, they have real adjustments (something all the others do not)...the only downside is that after shooting a C-more/OKO/Doctor type, it feels like you are aiming through a toilet paper tube :)

Doctor sights need to be "bullet proofed" before they will hold up...basically taken apart and having silicone reinforcement "beaded" over the soldering. JPoints are good, with only the battery change issue mentioned above.

If you can find an old PDP4 (not the new crap, an old one) they run well and last forever. Big, though...like mounting a Coke can on your gun.

Anyway, for what little my opinion is worth, I recommend the Aimpoint for serious use with "not-quite-optimal-but-still-pretty-darn-good" utility for competition. A C-more with a flip-to-the-side mounted 3 or 4 power magnifier would be pretty darn cool.

Edited to add: The Burris Fastfire has a bad habit of turning itself off under recoil; not recommended.

Alex

Thanks for the report! I was just a hair away from getting a fastfire.

Hello, Paladin

I like the EoTech w/ "fuzzy dot" for the shotties, it seems pretty well suited for that service, especially with the "halo" around the dot.

I absolutely agree about the Aimpoint for rifles, though. And I haven't had my ass on the line behind one.

I like the 2X M2.

Respectfully posted,

guido2 in Houston