Removing gas block on S20

I need a little advice/help. I am trying to remove the gas block on my Saiga 20 so I can drill out the gas ports so as to cycle low brass shells. I had no problem removing the lower pin but the upper pin that also holds the detent will not budge! I have tried both directions, even though it should not matters. I broke my punch so do I just go get another punch or two and keep hammering?

Thanks

OK! Do I have bad breath or what. 82 of you guys have read my post and no one has an answer. What's up?

Edited by fourreel

You said S20, I hadn't thought of it before, but taking the gas block off of an S20 today made me think of it. On the one I took off today, the pin that retains the detent is a blind pin, and there are two cross pins at the bottom of the gas block. This blind pin is not going to come out, but it doesn't need to.

If yours is like this, just tap out the two pins at the bottom and the gas block will press off. The detent pin won't need to come out.

The newer S-20's are as Gunfixr described. Blind pin on the top and two through pins on the bottom.

The older guns are like the S-12's. One small through pin on the top for the detent and one larger through pin on the bottom.