The Port Malabar 3 Gun match was held Saturday July 19.

We had ten shooters, (we started with eleven, but one quit). We split into two 5 man squads. (Which meant that the match was finished before noon.)

3 40 round rifle stages and 3 shotgun stages. No pistol stages. I wanted to try something different.

Expect more shooters next month.

I personally had a magazine fall out of my Saiga during one of the stages, and had problems knocking down steel. Left a target on one of the rifle stages. (11 second penalty; 2 misses, 3 seconds each; one failure to engage, 5 seconds). After I adjusting my Polychoke to xtra full, I won the last shotgun stage.

The magazine that fell out of my match Saiga, does not fall out of my other Saigas. Probably need to replace the mag release spring. (I wonder if I can buy one?)

• 1 month later...

Shot 3-Gun at Weewahootee (Florida) this weekend. Saiga shotgun worked flawlessly. The stages were set up so that a tube speed loader was able to keep up. Still finished second in shotgun. Finished 6th overall.

I used my 223 Saiga for rifle, with 50 round Galil magazine. Also worked flawlessly. Coulda Shoulda woulda finished much higher in the standings if I didn't brain fart one rifle stage.

Keep practicin'.

I just remembered this? My previous match, I had magazines drop from my mag well inadvertently. The fix for me was removing the mag release spring and bending the legs to 180 degrees from 90 degrees. Made it a pain the reinstall, but worth it.

I also found the the best way to test the mag retention qualities of my Saiga was to fire it without holding it to my shoulder. You know, Hollywood movie style.

Edited by oldandslow