Plate carrier vest for competition?

What do you guys think of using one on the cheap Blackwater plate carrier vest with the huge Molle areas available, to custom tune

your rig for different shoots?

Its not very heavy and looks well made - you may not get any style points though.

I almost guarantee you that TheVestGuy could set you up with something similar without the extra fabric for the plates and all. Check him out he's a sponsor.

But to answer your question, seems like a good idea!

Acer

I've been playing around with several different chest rigs including a load bearing vest but haven't found the necessary pouches with Molle straps that fit the mags. One of the pouches I recently discovered that fits the AGP 10 rounders are the M4 double mag pouches but it's a "bandoleer" without the Molle straps so does not secure to the vest. The pockets cover about 2/3 of the mag so security isn't an issue when moving but they deploy quickly. I just purchased MCASgt New River's Blackhawk vest with four of these across the lower front and am looking forward to checking it out by this weekend.

Yeah I'm having the same problem with a carrier for AGP 10 Rd Mags. I need to look back at the Vest guys site as its been awhile and it was a bit thin

last I checked (long time)

You can find these Blackwater vest for $50-$60 right now!

Here's my normal 3 Gun Rig made by Coyote Tactical:

saigarig-1.jpg

It is a modular system and I have several other pannels I can swap the Saiga pannel out for, including AR15, 9mm subgun, .45 subgun.

Here's my Plate carrier with Saiga pouches added to it and my thigh rig:

saigarig-2.jpg

E-mail Coyote Tactical at davidbosen@yahoo.com, he can make you exactly what you need.

I almost guarantee you that TheVestGuy could set you up with something similar without the extra fabric for the plates and all. Check him out he's a sponsor......

Yep, I am sure that our sponsor can outfit you just fine.

For just a Molle based platform, I am using a very inexpensive chest rig called "a Ranger Rack." I picked mine up at the exchange on base a couple of years ago for $25.00. I think US Calvary carries them these days.

I have adapted mine to wider shoulder straps. In fact the SOE shoulder straps were three times the cost of the Rack. It has a bib for pistol mags and LOTS of "Molle Real-estate" for pouches.

Alas I don't have a single picture of mine at the moment. I will see if I can get some snapped later.

IPSC_GUY

SIERRA II ALPHA

member3941.png