now that I have your attention...check out the following story about a Court officer who shoots himself in foot. I wonder if Warrior Judge has one of these guys hanging around. :eek:

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?he...d8-00429bb021d6

MERRIMACK – A courthouse bailiff will be limping around these next few days, after his pistol went off yesterday morning at the Merrimack District Court while snug inside a left ankle holster, police said.

Two co-workers were near the security officer when the gun went off, causing minor injury to his left heel, police said. The misfire did not take place inside a courtroom, and the courthouse was not evacuated.

"It came in as a 911 call as an emergency medical dispatch, and that there had been an individual who had suffered a possible gunshot wound," Merrimack Deputy Police Chief Mark Doyle said. "When we responded, we found out that it was the administrative officer of court security who had been injured in his foot from his duty weapon after suffering an accidental discharge."

Police said the weapon was a 25-caliber Beretta automatic. The Web site www.berettausa.com lists a Bobcat that fires .22 and .25-caliber rounds. It is a little less than 12 ounces, has a 2.4-inch barrel and holds seven rounds.

Doyle said the name of the officer is being withheld while the investigation is under way.

The shooting was reported by the court about 11:40 a.m. yesterday. No prisoners or citizens were in danger of being hit, police said. District court bailiffs are employed by the New Hampshire Administrative Office of the Courts.

District Court Administrative Judge Edwin Kelly said court officers are trained through Police Standards and Training, and all are required to wear firearms. Weapons are not standardized, and many officers use their own firearms on the job, he said.

Kelly said he was surprised to hear the pistol was in an ankle holster, but he did not know if policies allow ankle holsters or not.

"I thought they all carried their weapons on their waist or shoulder," Kelly said.

Doyle said police took the pistol and the holster and will send it to the state laboratory to make sure it was functioning correctly. Police also retrieved the bullet, which was embedded in the courthouse floor.

The officer was transported to St. Joseph Hospital in Nashua for additional treatment. As of 4 p.m. yesterday, police had not interviewed the man.

"We really haven't had the chance to discuss it with him because when we arrived there he was already being attended to by some of his fellow co-workers, and they were administering first aid as paramedics were arriving to take him to the hospital," Doyle said.

Police plan to talk with the wounded officer as soon as possible, he said. More statements will be gathered from the people working with him.

"We'll notify the Administrative Office of the Courts about our findings and get information from them regarding his qualifications and his length of employment and basic background information that we need," he said.

"We'll also be communicating with the Attorney General's Office and the County Attorney's office just to bring them up to speed with the nature of our investigation," he said.

New Hampshire Union Leader staff writer Mark Hayward contributed to this report.

Edited by 1911

We had the best guard! A female guard with good size, tact, wisdom, courtesy and she was awesome with a hand gun. A wonderful person. Of course she got in a dispute with her supervisor and quit! She knew our operation and staff inside out. What a shame. I would like to go into a full speed randori (judo term thrown in for Bob Ash) with her supervisor, but that probably would not be very "judicial."

We have guards in all of our facilities. We have panic buttons available to the judges. Many of our older judges are somewhat fearful of attack. I am still young enough, fit enough and have had enough martial arts training that I am not too worried. I figure that by the time they get up to my bench, instinct will kick in or, at a minimum, I'll clobber them with my bench book! Jim Fuller did suggest that I keep a short barrel, folding stock, S-12 under my bench. I think that is a great idea, but I don't think I want you guys to see me on CNN, getting interviewed after dropping some hostile person during a hearing. I would have a lot of explaining to do. lol

WJ

Edited by WarriorJudge

The judge was surprised that the officer had a BUG? Really? Seriously?

Might have been an older Jetfire instead of a Bobcat. They could be carried condition one and had dubious safeties. Bump one around good enough and you just might disengage the safety and fire the weapon... especially smacking it around in an ankle holster.

Carried on for years as a BUG... hammer down.

Jim Fuller did suggest that I keep a short barrel, folding stock, S-12 under my bench. I think that is a great idea, but I don't think I want you guys to see me on CNN, getting interviewed after dropping some hostile person during a hearing. I would have a lot of explaining to do. lol

WJ

Adds a whole new meaning to contempt of court........................

WJ,

Think of all the money you'd be saving the taxpayers by ending everything right then and there!

Oh and don't forget to say "You have been judged!" (just like Dredd). You can get maximum effect if you say it while the end of the Saiga barrel was still smoking.