Newb... My First Saiga...

Yeah, So heres my new s.223, still contimplating a conversion, will probably do it once i build me friend her gunsmithing/ workshop in her basement.... muzzlebrake coming soon... =)(sorry for my feet in the pic)

post-12084-1218646524_thumb.jpg

Don't want to burst your bubble as that rifle doesn't look half bad, but if you live in the US it probably is illegal. Make sure you check 922r compliance when doing any modifications to your rifle.

Don't want to burst your bubble as that rifle doesn't look half bad, but if you live in the US it probably is illegal. Make sure you check 922r compliance when doing any modifications to your rifle.

Yeah, unless you've done something inside, like a US Gas Piston You look illeagal with just a US Surefire, Even if that handguard is US. you are not down to 10 foriegn 'parts' on 922r list. With that stock you START counting down form 15 Foriegn Parts. Yes, that stock counts as a PG & Buttstock 2 foriegn parts once you start 'counting' due to adding the hi-cap mag. So begin at 15 and start swapping parts. Right now you look like 15-3(US mag)=12. If the handguard is US made, you're at 11, one short still.

Just trying to help, incase you didn't know how it's supposed to work....

You could get there by just swapping out that Russie Drag stock for a US made one w/ a PG too....like the Tapco, or ACE - they both just screw on. (sell the Drag for somewhat close to the cost of the Tapco ($99) - if someone would buy it)

Edit: BTW, add a Muzzle Brake and start your countdown at 16. (Arcane isn't it???)

Edited by BullShark012

thanks for the feedback.... 922r compliant soon... gotta wait to finish setting up my friends shop she has all the tools to work on this thing... new scope coming for it soon... bought this thing on a whim so not really looking to dropo big money into it... plus i'm buying my mossberg soon gotta save money for that hahaha

thanks for the feedback.... 922r compliant soon... gotta wait to finish setting up my friends shop she has all the tools to work on this thing... new scope coming for it soon... bought this thing on a whim so not really looking to dropo big money into it... plus i'm buying my mossberg soon gotta save money for that hahaha

You really dont need to drop big bucks into it to make it compliant, a 70 dollar FCG and 30 dollar gas tube from dinzag would more or less fix it. And believe me, it is far more expensive to hire a lawyer to battle charges from the ATF than it would be to fix the rifle.