Democratic Party Plank for coming election!

This is the Democrat's Platform Plank for this election on guns..............

We resolve to:

- Strengthen the national Brady background check system to incorporate all necessary records including criminal, domestic violence, and mental health records from all 50 states and all territories.

- Institute a universal background check system to ensure that all gun sales in all 50 states and territories are subject to a Brady background check.

- Fully fund the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms so that it can conduct regular and frequent inspections of Federal Firearms Licensed Dealers to prevent unlawful sales.

- Require that all persons who sell guns of any kind through employment at a gun manufacturer or through a Federal Firearm Licensed Dealer pass a Brady background check.

- Strengthen programs designed to trace crime gun purchases to shut down unscrupulous dealers.

- Remove the Tiahrt restrictions on the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade.

- Institute a national ballistics program to initiate microstamping technology on all weapons manufactured or sold in the United States, so that crime guns and casings can be traced quickly to the original sale.

- Support manufacturers who voluntarily develop and sell childproof handguns.

- Strengthen and make permanent the federal Assault Weapons Ban and the ban on large capacity ammunition magazines and clips.

Time to take back congress and keep the White House sane.

Too many liberals in that bunch alreay,thats why they havent been able to accomplish anything since they took control a few years back.

Unless you plan to take it by force, Libtards and Neo-Cunts will remain in firm control of our now defunct Capitol. The Brits didn't give up their stranglehold without a fight, and neither will OUR "corrupt rulers."

And we thought we were sovereigns. :lolol: Well, maybe we were sovereign before they stripped us of the courage and dignity it takes to preserve it. :ded:

Time to take back congress and keep the White House sane.

Too many liberals in that bunch alreay,thats why they havent been able to accomplish anything since they took control a few years back.

Unlike the babble of the junior anarchists here, you are quite correct.

As of today, the folks in power all came to be there by being elected, one vote at a time. That is exactly how they will be replaced. We did not slide to the left overnight and we will not return to the right any quicker.

The lie that your "vote does not matter" is a well crafted one and was spoon feed to the Conservative American people to disenfranchise us and steal the power of our vote.

The lie that "we must use force" is sophomoric, impractical and unworkable in today's times. The other governments of this planet will not sit back quietly while uncertain civil war destabilizes the US, the biggest prize on the planet. The UN "Peace Keepers" will be in here and the form of government that they create will forever erase the work of the Founding Fathers.

Quit spreading these lies and help take our country back!

The lie that "we must use force" is sophomoric, impractical and unworkable in today's times. The other governments of this planet will not sit back quietly while uncertain civil war destabilizes the US, the biggest prize on the planet. The UN "Peace Keepers" will be in here and the form of government that they create will forever erase the work of the Founding Fathers.

Quit spreading these lies and help take our country back!

That's the kind of cowardice that ruined this country. :cryss:

Enjoy your status-quo while you have it because it won't exist forever. :haha:

I'm just wondering why this newbie Mikein keeps posting the same post in different forums. Like I posted in the General forums section, I agree with all of the above except the assault weapons ban.

Because this newbie Mikein has some very serious concerns about what's going to happen to us gun owners when the Democrats come into office and start legislating away our rights. I want to get the word out to as many people as I can.

Newbie Mikein

OK newbie Mikein, perhaps you'd be interested in the Republican who is RIGHT NOW, not after the election, but NOW legislating away our gun rights. What do you have to say about Republican Senator Mark Kirk?

H.R.6257

Title: To reinstate the Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act.

Sponsor: Rep Kirk, Mark Steven [iL-10] (introduced 6/12/2008) Cosponsors (4)

Latest Major Action: 7/28/2008 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security.

The 1994 Assault Weapons Ban expired four years ago, but North Shore Republican Congressman Mark Kirk would like to see it reinstated.

He wants the sale, possesion, or transfer of semi-automatic, high capacity firearms to be illegal.

Kirk said the old assault weapons ban worked.

"We had a 66% drop in crimes involving assault weapons. Weapons designed with only one purpose, to kill human beings," Kirk said.

so you see, newbie, its not a partisan issue. As I stated before, our rights are being attacked from both sides of the isle.

Ronald Regan, who signed the ban on full automatic weapons, lobbied for the 1994 ban long before 1994, and supported the 1994 ban when it was passed. so in fact, Republicans have done much much more to impede our gun rights than Democrats ever have.

OK newbie Mikein, perhaps you'd be interested in the Republican who is RIGHT NOW, not after the election, but NOW legislating away our gun rights. What do you have to say about Republican Senator Mark Kirk?

H.R.6257

Title: To reinstate the Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act.

Sponsor: Rep Kirk, Mark Steven [iL-10] (introduced 6/12/2008) Cosponsors (4)

Latest Major Action: 7/28/2008 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security.

The 1994 Assault Weapons Ban expired four years ago, but North Shore Republican Congressman Mark Kirk would like to see it reinstated.

He wants the sale, possesion, or transfer of semi-automatic, high capacity firearms to be illegal.

Kirk said the old assault weapons ban worked.

"We had a 66% drop in crimes involving assault weapons. Weapons designed with only one purpose, to kill human beings," Kirk said.

so you see, newbie, its not a partisan issue. As I stated before, our rights are being attacked from both sides of the isle.

Ronald Regan, who signed the ban on full automatic weapons, lobbied for the 1994 ban long before 1994, and supported the 1994 ban when it was passed. so in fact, Republicans have done much much more to impede our gun rights than Democrats ever have.

Your question to me was "why was newbie Mikein" making multiple posts on forums with the same message? I answered that question. I did not suggest, nor do I believe that gun control is a partisan issue. I merely stated, in multiple forums, what the intended direction of the Democratic National Commitee appears to be.

Newbie Mikein

ok, good, now if you have time, can you address my questions?

I believe the representatives sponsoring the bill are misguided and if they were in my district I would not vote for them for re-election. I am in disagreement with any politician, regardless of their party affiliation, who seeks to increase the number of gun control laws we currently have on the books (most of which are not enforced). I can't help you with Reagan, but I disagreed with his action then and still believe it was unwise. Perhaps, ranger rick, you can get a posthumous impeachment action going against him.

I'll keep spreading the word about the Democratic Party's Platform Plank, and you, ranger rick, can go after all the rogue politicians, past and present, with whom you disagree. Possibly our efforts will result in better gun legislation and enforcement actions by whichever Party is in control of the Congress.

ahhh, the last bastion of the mental pigmy, the name calling...... man, how can I compete with that? I guess I lose..... you win...... damn, ranger rick......... what do I do with my life now? B)

Did you, or did you not, ranger rick, refer to me as "newbie Mikein?" Tit for tat? Good for the goose, but not good for the gander? How many standards do you operate under, rr? Just the ones that fit your purpose, I would imagine. I'm beginning to think that you just may be one of those moles that that the anti-gun groups plant on the gun forums to keep the waters muddy. Keep stirring, dude, the truth will out.

sometimes I can't resist feeding the trolls....

Indeed I operate under the standards that fit my purpose. In addition, since many on the members here know me, I won't even address the remainder of the allegations you were fishing with.

Yes, I was a federal agent with the national park service, so the ranger name is accurate .

you have less than 100 posts, hence the newbie term is accurate as well.

now that we've determined the extent of your knowledge and motivation, I'll go back to addressing the reason this forum is here to start with.

If by any chance you own a saiga, perhaps you can impart some knowledge on other threads here and find some common ground with other members here.

all the best mikein.

don't forget to vote!

sometimes I can't resist feeding the trolls....

Indeed I operate under the standards that fit my purpose. In addition, since many on the members here know me, I won't even address the remainder of the allegations you were fishing with.

Yes, I was a federal agent with the national park service, so the ranger name is accurate .

you have less than 100 posts, hence the newbie term is accurate as well.

now that we've determined the extent of your knowledge and motivation, I'll go back to addressing the reason this forum is here to start with.

If by any chance you own a saiga, perhaps you can impart some knowledge on other threads here and find some common ground with other members here.

all the best mikein.

don't forget to vote!

Gotcha, Ranger Rick. It's been a pleasure!