S12 deer slug testing

I finally got out to the range to test my S12 with deer slugs I fired 3 differant manufacters Benneke Classic Magnums

Benneke KO and Remington Sluggers. I also mounted a Bushnell Trophy reddot site on a Belaris scope mount so it was time for site in and slug testing.

MySaiga.jpg

All shots were fired off the shoulder at 50 yards first up was Remington sluggers

RemSlugger.jpg

Next was Brenneke KO these are my Favorite I pick these up locally for $2.59 per 5 box

BrennekeKO.jpg

Next was Benneke classic magnums these seemed to have more recoil than the others

BrennekeCM.jpg

I plan on testing other slugs especailly Sellier & Bellot SB Special slugs another poster here posting pics of some very impressive groups. I plan on doing further testing at 75 and 100 yards I'll post the results.

Also a special thanks to Corba 76 for the 2 round mag blockers and advice helping me get this gun together,

I'm not done with it yet still a few more mods yet to do.

Brenneke KO's are my favorite too.

Ammunition to go has a good deal on a hundred,

where do you get yours local?

Local Po dunk bait store,They proably bought them 5 years ago and have'nt kept up on ammo prices, once I get some cash rolling in I'll go buy all they have......Being Laid off sucks!

Brenneke KO's are my favorite too.

Ammunition to go has a good deal on a hundred,

where do you get yours local?

Local Po dunk bait store,They proably bought them 5 years ago and have'nt kept up on ammo prices, once I get some cash rolling in I'll go buy all they have......Being Laid off sucks!

Nice groups overall for that optic setup. Especially that slugger group. They have been the most consistent slug up to 75 yards out of my Saiga. Even the pussy low recoil are tight, just a couple inches lower than the standard dram slugger loads. great ammo for these smoothbores. You have to test some of the Wolf with that same setup for a comparison. I found they are tight also and low recoil. Generally 3-4 inch groups off shoulder standing at 50 yards with a second or two in between and a red dot C-more. I consider this accurate for this type of setup. Usually shoot as well as those with babied sabot rifled barrel deer guns of the Remington variety at these distances. They usually give me the "WTF" look after I poke the 5" targets clean in two mags and they are still tinkering with their scopes on their 3rd shot from their "12ga premier deer rifles".

Good luck on the ammo replenishment program search - errrrr job.

Edited by twinhairdryers