I picked up my Spikes Tactical lower the other day, and then received my Magpul MOE stock and grip the day after. I'm more than happy with all 3 products :D . The lower has 2 tiny marks where you can tell someone got a little rough putting the LPK in (I ordered from a company that sells Spikes product, because it was about $50ish cheaper than ordering from Spikes themselves). But their minuscule and don't bother me. Other than that, Spikes puts out a flawless lower. It even has the "happy switch" setting.............................but of course the selector doesn't actually go there :ph34r: . Just a cosmetic feature.

I actually lucked out, and caught a site selling the damn-near-unobtainable BCM middy upper (all vendors who had them sold out in a few hours, and it's the same story every time BCM spits out a new batch), and put my order in :D :D . That's what's topping this lower, which leaves me with a topless Stag lower, which I think will be a 9mm build in the near future.

P9140526.jpg

P9140528.jpg

(The stock is not attached because I have to pin it, per NY's AWB)

The Magpul MOE stock and grip are fuggin' awesome. They just started this "MOE" line of products aimed at buyers on a budget, but who don't want to sacrifice quality. The MOE stock is a damn-near replica of their CTR, minus the "friction lock" (which is a non-issue, as these lock up with no movement at all anyway) and QD sling swivels, at almost half the price.

You will like your lower. My Spikes lower fits nice & tight; its on a rifle that shoots 1/2 MOA, so I have absolutely no complaints. Put a coat of oil on it and get a nice deep black.

I went with the "Punisher" design. I wish they made a Grimm reaper; I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

post-10946-1221708070_thumb.jpgpost-10946-1221708038_thumb.jpg

You will like your lower. My Spikes lower fits nice & tight; its on a rifle that shoots 1/2 MOA, so I have absolutely no complaints. Put a coat of oil on it and get a nice deep black.

I went with the "Punisher" design. I wish they made a Grimm reaper; I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Looks good!

Yeah, I've heard a lot of good things about Spikes. I didn't have the option of the engraving, only because I didn't order from Spikes themselves. I ordered from one of their dealers ($155 shipped vs. $190 + shipping).

I'm still waiting on my upper. The company I bought from got some wind damage last weekend, and are backed up for a little while :( .

• 5 weeks later...
I've been bouncing this off my head for some time, I think I might have to grab a AR lower before a ban gets put through.

Might as well. But being that Biden (I think it was him anyway) said something along the lines of "This time, we're going to get it right.", referring to a possible new ban. So who knows if we'll have the "luxury" of Clinton's ban, where you could've bought up lowers before the ban, and assembled them into complete rifles whenever you wanted to during the ban.

So if you decide to buy a lower, I'd recommend you build it into a complete rifle ASAP. But this is all speculation though. Obviously we have no idea what a new ban would bring :cryss: .

I've got 1 complete 5.56 AR (finally got my BCM upper), and am having a 9mm upper being built at Spikes, as we speak, to throw on my Stag lower.

I say buy what you can afford now. Because besides a possible new ban, things are always getting more expensive anyway. As they say "Guns will never be cheaper than they are right now".

I'll be setting up a anvil lower soon , the uppers are the expensive part :P. These damn lego guns.

Good choice on Anvil, I've read good things about them. When you buy directly from them, they offer free laser engraving on the magwell (they also do it for any lower, for a fee).

• 3 weeks later...
I have a number of Spike's lowers without issues. Used to get them for $90 apiece from group buys, they just today increased their prices to $178!!!

Yeah, I just read all the threads on barfcom dealing with that. Spikes responded with that they are having a hard time getting lowers made from their manufacturers. I hope that is the only reason for the price hike. I've dealt with them on a few occasions, and it was great. So I have a hard time believing that they are simply price gouging to take advantage of all the "panic-buying". But they sure are getting a reaming over there.