New Saiga12 Owner Looking for some Advice/help

Finally got a iz109 Saiga12 after waiting almost a year.

I'm excited to do the pistol grip conversion and adding a folding stock.

I really want this ACE SOCOM style stock for mine because of the large buttstock pad and it folds to the left side.

Here is a Picture of my Saiga12 next to my 7.62 AK pistol.

23ww9yt.jpg

Where can I purchase a stock like this and what parts do I need to mount it ?

c72p5.jpg

Is it an m4 stock with an adapter bracket or is it made for AKs ?

Edited by moreoff
Finally got a iz109 Saiga12 after waiting almost a year.

I'm excited to do the pistol grip conversion and adding a folding stock.

I really want this ACE SOCOM style stock for mine because of the large buttstock pad and it folds to the left side.

Here is a Picture of my Saiga12 next to my 7.62 AK pistol.

23ww9yt.jpg

Where can I purchase a stock like this and what parts do I need to mount it ?

c72p5.jpg

Is it an m4 stock with an adapter bracket or is it made for AKs ?

That's an Ace Socom stock, with folding adapter and pig nose. The Socom stocks are most often used on AR's and FAL's but look great on Saiga's. Here is their website: Ace Web Site

I have heard unconfirmed rumors they don't hold up too well under the recoil of an S12, that the lop adjustment slider tends to get loose after a while. I'm still considering one for my s-12 though.

You will need a hinge. You can use either A Classic hinge or a Pushbutton hinge with a Pignose or you can use a Integrated adapter

You will also need a receiver block

Here is a link to the Socom Stock

Thanks HillBilly !!!

Also another question. I'm a long time AK owner but this is my first Saiga.

As far as the pistol grip conversion goes, what do you guys think of this DIY product?

TGAlum600x270.jpg

DSCF1103.JPG

it's from http://www.saigatechusa.com/

I plan on turning this shotgun into my primary home defense weapon so i can keep the AR, AKpistol and mini14 in the safe. So I really want it to be super reliable and purpose built. I have a blank canvas to work with, and I'd rather do the work myself so any recommendations you guys could give me would really be appreciated.

Build this gun with me :D

Thanks HillBilly !!!

Also another question. I'm a long time AK owner but this is my first Saiga.

As far as the pistol grip conversion goes, what do you guys think of this DIY product?

TGAlum600x270.jpg

DSCF1103.JPG

it's from http://www.saigatechusa.com/

I plan on turning this shotgun into my primary home defense weapon so i can keep the AR, AKpistol and mini14 in the safe. So I really want it to be super reliable and purpose built. I have a blank canvas to work with, and I'd rather do the work myself so any recommendations you guys could give me would really be appreciated.

Build this gun with me :D

The Saigatech products are first rate - take a look at his S12 builds - just incredible.

Tromix also has a very similar product plus a lot of other great products (sold through MAA)

Cheers,

HarvKY

Nothing at all wrong with G-2s. I have them in all my conversions except one. The other one is an FSE (also nice) which I'm not sure if they are available any more? Arsenal makes a good one too.

Or you can pay a lot more for a Red Star Arms "adjustable" trigger. Not worth it IMO but some people swear by them. I personally don't want a trigger that has to be adjusted with set screws. I like to adjust mine permanently when I install it and know for sure it's gonna stay that way.

I like the bolt in tromix a little better i have a saigatec TG,one of the holes had to be cut bigger to line up with the hole on the gun,no big deal and the trigger is closer to the trigger gaurd than the tromix,not bashing the saigatec part Ive seen his shorty s12 in person awsome work,I just like the tromix TG