Shell oblong in mag?

I read that if you leave a loaded mag connected to the S12 that the top shell will become deformed due to pressure resulting in improper feeding. Make sense, but if I use my S12 for home defense I would like it ready to respond and not worry about a feed issue. Any one have an issue with this? Thanks in advance.

Bob check out this thread. This is the best solution I have seen so far if you don't want to leave it stored loaded with the bolt locked back. A very cool idea.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=20352&hl=

Some people have also had luck with the steel hulled ammo from Russia, leaving mags loaded with one steel round on top.

My first shell in the mag is a Brass hull 2 3/4 loaded with #00 buck. No deformation problems at all.

Thanks for the suggestions. The pin idea is brilliant! No deformation with the #00? How long did you have the mag full? Just wondering if it would start to deform after so long.

I had some shells deform from the heat and jam in the magazine. If you use the Saiga for self defense then you should check the rounds in the magazines to make sure they move freely in the magazine otherwise change them so your S-12 will feed properly.

Where do you get brass-hulled shotgun shells? I've not seen them for sale. I've seen steel hulled birdshot only.

I had someone make a custom box for me. If you do that or can do it yourself, make sure you put a good roll on the front edge to make sure it feeds reliably.