Stock Options

I have a 16" 7.62 x 39. I'd like to be able to use foreign 30rd mags in it, and I don't particularly want to do a PG conversion. It's my understanding that I will need a US-made stock, as well as Dinzag's FCG to be within compliance. What are my options for stocks? I don't want to modify the receiver.

Thanks so much. This forum is great.

EarnestMayhand: Will that bolt right on to the Saiga? Any idea where I can find pics of that one installed with no PG?

So, if I were to get the KVAR stock, the Dinzag FCG for non-conversions, and a new handguard (TAPCO Galil) . . . could I then use foreign 30 rounders?

Thanks!

EarnestMayhand: Will that bolt right on to the Saiga? Any idea where I can find pics of that one installed with no PG?

So, if I were to get the KVAR stock, the Dinzag FCG for non-conversions, and a new handguard (TAPCO Galil) . . . could I then use foreign 30 rounders?

Thanks!

If I'm correct the K-Var stock is made to use with a PG conversion, The Ace or Tapco has a PG as part of the stock and fits on a Unconverted Saiga! I don't think that you could reach the trigger with the K-Var stock.

Thanks!

If I'm correct the K-Var stock is made to use with a PG conversion, The Ace or Tapco has a PG as part of the stock and fits on a Unconverted Saiga! I don't think that you could reach the trigger with the K-Var stock.

Seems to me that the K-Var would feel almost like the factory stock. Kind of monte carlo ish. Am I wrong?

Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

http://riflestocks.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=93_106

All of the stocks on that page are 100% drop-in replacements for the Saiga rifle, no modification is required to the receiver or stock to use on any Saiga rifle.

Also, another option is to use the FCG (I think it is 3 922r parts) and replace the gas piston with a US made one (Dinzag does it).

You can also use the Saiga Galil-style handguard to get a drop-in 922r part as well.

Thanks Man, that's what I was looking for.

http://riflestocks.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=93_106

All of the stocks on that page are 100% drop-in replacements for the Saiga rifle, no modification is required to the receiver or stock to use on any Saiga rifle.

Also, another option is to use the FCG (I think it is 3 922r parts) and replace the gas piston with a US made one (Dinzag does it).

You can also use the Saiga Galil-style handguard to get a drop-in 922r part as well.

Is it difficult to replace the handgaurds on the Saiga?

depends on what you want to do.. tapco makes a saiga specfic hand gaurd that is a bolt on replacement.. the OEM one simply unscrews... you can also use traditional ak furniture but its more pricey.. you will need to swap the gas tub and lower handgaurd retainer to AK parts.. Dinzag sells a bolt on OR press on one, the press on one is a project..... but i would not mess with the press on one.. Dinzag Arms has everything you need no matter which route you take.. and the guy who runs it is really nice and helpfull...

Edited by DamagedWorld