A Decent Scope For My Saiga

Hi all, I'm new here, first post.

Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times already. But you're the experts.

I don't know anything about scopes and mounts, but I bought a mount from gunbroker.com.

I have no idea what kind of scope to look into buying for my rifle.

Because I don't know or understand the rear sight adjustments, I felt a scope would make me shoot a little more accurately. As it is, I have to aim high and right to hit my target.

So, if anyone has a link to a good and economic scope for can plinking, or if anyone has any advice for me, I'd appreciate it.

Also: I filed my magazine catch to allow for AK magazines; however, it jams many times. The rounds feed below the bore, too low. Should I file the catch some more, or should I just purchase polymer saiga mags, or what?

Hi all, I'm new here, first post.

Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times already. But you're the experts.

I don't know anything about scopes and mounts, but I bought a mount from gunbroker.com.

I have no idea what kind of scope to look into buying for my rifle.

Because I don't know or understand the rear sight adjustments, I felt a scope would make me shoot a little more accurately. As it is, I have to aim high and right to hit my target.

So, if anyone has a link to a good and economic scope for can plinking, or if anyone has any advice for me, I'd appreciate it.

Also: I filed my magazine catch to allow for AK magazines; however, it jams many times. The rounds feed below the bore, too low. Should I file the catch some more, or should I just purchase polymer saiga mags, or what?

I'll Start from the bottom and work my way up.

"I filed my magazine catch to allow for AK magazines; however, it jams many times. The rounds feed below the bore, too low. Should I file the catch some more, or should I just purchase polymer saiga mags, or what?"

Is your saiga Converted and U.S. 922 complient ?

It sounds like you do not have a Bullet Guide installed.HERE !!!

Second ?

"Because I don't know or understand the rear sight adjustments, I felt a scope would make me shoot a little more accurately. As it is, I have to aim high and right to hit my target."

Iron Sights on an Ak-type wepon are not the most accurate but do just fine up to 150 yards or more depending on the Shooter.

It sounds like you need to Adjust your Sights a little here is how to do That .HERE !!!

The above link will help you with alot of info on your wepon.

Now for scopes it all depends on how much $$$$$$$$$$ you want to spend you can pay $50 to $150 for a decent scope or you can spend up in the $1,000's

for something like this. BAD ASS !!!!

Edited by MicroMatrix

2,000$ is a little extreme for can plinking with a Saiga. If I had a Barrett .50 or something I threw some serious quid on, I'd do it.

The NC Star for $35 sounds like a good deal. But, like all things, cheap means not reliable, right? Do scopes apply to the 'you get what you pay for' rule?

The bullet guide sounds like what I need. Does it work very well? I'll probably look into getting one.

Thanks!

What I did was file the magazine catch until it could barely accept an AK mag.

The first time I actually took it out for a test fire, it fed a whole 30 round mag with no problems. I noticed jams when I tried a second mag.

The second time I test fired it, it fed several rounds from an AK mag with no problems.

So I guess it feeds properly whenever it's in the mood.

So you don't think that if I file the catch some more that it might improve it?

What I did was file the magazine catch until it could barely accept an AK mag.

The first time I actually took it out for a test fire, it fed a whole 30 round mag with no problems. I noticed jams when I tried a second mag.

The second time I test fired it, it fed several rounds from an AK mag with no problems.

So I guess it feeds properly whenever it's in the mood.

So you don't think that if I file the catch some more that it might improve it?

No you need a feed ramp or to weld the magazine front to look like the Saiga factory magazine to make it feed properly. You need to also comply with the USC922r regs if you go over ten rounds.

Your scope options are numerous but you can also use the com bloc side rail scopes for your rifle. I have 4X scope which I got at a fun show and I also have a Kobra holographic scope which mount on the side rail.

Edited by uzitiger