FBMG Drain Holes--Mag Full of Water

Just dipped my FBMGs in WD-40 to smooth plastic-to-plastic friction & yeah, it does smooth out the follower action. The aluminum baseplates are rounded for ease in reassembly. This allows a small amount to drain from each side of the front of the baseplate. The plastic baseplates allow nearly no drainage. The followers fit such that unless you depress the follower, upsidedown dumping is super slow. Anyone added drain holes? If Magpulls are used, the baseplate seems the best likely candidate. Any experienced advice before I DO drill/grind?

Just dipped my FBMGs in WD-40 to smooth plastic-to-plastic friction & yeah, it does smooth out the follower action. The aluminum baseplates are rounded for ease in reassembly. This allows a small amount to drain from each side of the front of the baseplate. The plastic baseplates allow nearly no drainage. The followers fit such that unless you depress the follower, upsidedown dumping is super slow. Anyone added drain holes? If Magpulls are used, the baseplate seems the best likely candidate. Any experienced advice before I DO drill/grind?

WD 40 Is not a particularly good lube for magazines.

I have found dry graphite or dry teflon designed for the food industry are a better choice.

Each comes in a spray can and are easily applied to the unassembled magazine and its parts.

Have you ever managed to get enough water in your magazine to effect the operation of the rifle? I only wonder because I don't think you can kill an AK with water mags.

Instead of drilling your gear, simply pouch your mags mouth side down.

I've found that metal ak mags drain fairly quickly whether upside-down or right-side up. The FBMGs are slow drainers followers-down... do to their tolerances, a breather hole in the baseplate would quicken the drain. Ever have a vapor-locked gas tank? Running Magpulls on all my FBMGs, I"ll definitely be carrying follower-down. My thoughts were to drill the follower appropriately to increase the exit-flow & add a breather on the floorplate. I've found that a second opinion has saved making mistakes or led to a better idea.