Does any one know how to romove the romanian stg 2000-c hand guard so i can get to the gas tube? Also how do i remove the stock? Thanks in advance!

its a little hard to explain, but let me give it a try. there is a flat spring between the handguards and the retainer that keeps tension on a slot milled into the front sling swivel. you will need something like a dental pick to reach inside handguard to lift pressure off sling swivel to allow it to slide out of retainer ,then the retainer will move enough to allow handguards to be removedl stock is like any other ak two screws and a mallet or a macho heel of the hand which ever you have handy

post-12279-1223670811_thumb.png

Edited by bohnscot
  • 2 months later...
Does any one know how to romove the romanian stg 2000-c hand guard so i can get to the gas tube? Also how do i remove the stock? Thanks in advance!

its a little hard to explain, but let me give it a try. there is a flat spring between the handguards and the retainer that keeps tension on a slot milled into the front sling swivel. you will need something like a dental pick to reach inside handguard to lift pressure off sling swivel to allow it to slide out of retainer ,then the retainer will move enough to allow handguards to be removedl stock is like any other ak two screws and a mallet or a macho heel of the hand which ever you have handy

Wow, never had to use tools. The retainer coupling works like a delta ring on an AR15/M16. It's not fixed and not positioned to the front of the receiver, however it's located to the rear of the gas block/front site as you point out. Press the coupling towards the handguards and receiver (linear to the barrel with constant pressure) that flat retainer pin/key will or should pull right out. Everything should pretty much fall apart once the key is removed.

• 4 months later...

Those factory fore ends on the stg's are horrific, I have tupperware thats more durable! so I did something about it...I cut the metal retainer off as to avoid removing the sight block and expediency.

If you look at saiga .223 the factory fore end length is almost the same. Less the extended retaining pin that holds the front of the saiga fore end some-what steady

I took a factory fore end off the saiga 223 (which is fantastic grade plastic) measured and drilled a hole for the rear to be supported per factory Saiga 223 style

and then drilled a hole in the front of the fore end between the gas tube and barrel as close to the back side of the gas block as possible and put a bolt through there and tighten it snug, holds like a charm, I rounded the nut sides to minimize any hang ups, it's not the most kosher way to attach it but it doesn't get in the way for me at all and it's a huge improvement over that factory stg stuff.....pics added!

Future mods might be fixing an annoyingly loose rear sling mount & figuring out some way to fill the stock with foam to add weight to the rear & give it a solid feel

stg2000-rh.jpg

stg2000-R-foreend.jpg

stg2000-lh.jpg

stg2000-L-foreend.jpg

Edited by georgia223
  • 1 month later...

thats a awsome mod georgia have any pics on how you did it? or what it looks like a part?

Dustin to get the hand gaurds off just push down on the front retainer and move it around till you feel the spring compress and the pin should slide right out

I plan on cuting off my front retainer and ordering a new gas tube and bolt on lower retainer from Dinzag

I also have some other mods that I want to do

I wanna make a two or three piece colapseable recoil rod with a internal 5 pound spring and a progressive main spring

and I wanna find some one that makes a adjustable gas block ehtier bolt on or press on it dont matter