Is this K-Var stock bolt on?

Does this K-Var stock bolt right up (just wondering about the stock not the PG or HGs)? I'm under the impression that it only has the hole that goes all the way through on the side as you can see in the pic. The factory monte carlo stock on my 7.62 is attached with two screws on the top and one on the bottom (if I remember right) so I'm guessing I'm going to have to drill a few holes? What size bit or how do you select a bit size based on what screw you've got? Is it supposed to be the same width or just a bit smaller than the screw? I'll be using the screws that hold on the factory stock unless someone suggests better.

AKBSW.jpg

K-Var site

Put it on last night, had to file the sides of the end of it a bit to get it to fit comfortably but still snugly into my receiver. Drilled two holes in top and used the factory stock screws, will drill and install a third screw when I track down the right size into the old sporter plate rear rivet hole on the bottom of the receiver. Gunna shoot it this weekend, first time since post conversion. This Warsaw length feels so short but we'll see how it does at the range.

Drilled two holes in top and used the factory stock screws, will drill and install a third screw when I track down the right size into the old sporter plate rear rivet hole on the bottom of the receiver.

You're supposed to cut that part off.

It's not needed at all (and hasn't been since 1959).

I wish I had pics, are we talking about the same thing? I'm talking about securing the stock on the bottom using the hole that is just behind the PG, left over from removing the sporter plate. If I remember correctly the factory monte carlo stock was secured on the bottom with a tang that was part of the sporter plate.

I wish I had pics, are we talking about the same thing? I'm talking about securing the stock on the bottom using the hole that is just behind the PG, left over from removing the sporter plate. If I remember correctly the factory monte carlo stock was secured on the bottom with a tang that was part of the sporter plate.

All military AKM stocks have only used the top two holes.

The small third stock screw extension is another side effect of the "sporterization".

They are not needed, and don't really do anything for stability.