I'm getting ready to convert my 16" 7.62 Saiga. Here is my order from dinzag:

Bullet guide: X39RTK Guide Kit

Stock: AKBSWB AK Stock Warsaw Black

Grip: PGAKBLK AK SAW Grip Black **

Fire Control Group: FCGPGC1 FCG Conv Saiga

Hole Plugs: AKNYHP Hole Plugs

Retaining plate: AKRETP AK FCG Ret Plate***

Trigger guard hardware: TGHWARE1 Triggerguard Hardware****

**Does this come with the pistol grip nut and screw?

***What's the retaining plate for? I've read that you should get one, but don't understand why.

****Seems like I'll need this. Right?

What tools will I need? Tap handle, drill with cobalt bits, dremel with which attachments?

Thanks!

** Can't comment on that for sure, I know my SAW grip came with a bolt but not with the nut that sticks in the receiver. I didn't order it from Dinzag though, he may sell them together?

***The retaining plate is a wonderful little hunk of steel that keeps your axis pins in. AKs usually have a wire that keeps them in, but the plate is worth the extra cost to me for ease of installation

****No Idea....maybe some sort of small screws/bolts to hold on your trigger guard, I got mine welded

I used cobalt bits, Dremel with the cut off wheels (buy the big pack), tap handle and a hammer. Vice is helpful, also my vice grips came in handy

And ya see my member title under my name? I earned that :) so if I can do this you can too

The SAW PG only comes with the bolt, you still need to order the PG nut.

Like scoutjoe says the retainer plate is awesome and comes with directions on how to install that are extremely easy.

I also recommend a Dremel with cutoff wheels and the fine tipped, medium tipped, and cylinder grinding stones.

A drill is also necessary with the correct size cobalt bits for drilling out the front trigger guard hole and the original FCG pins.

A vice comes in handy. I bought these nice Craftsman pads for my vice at Sears, they're magnetic to help them stay on the vice. Just don't tighten the vice down too tight, you don't want to bend your receiver.

Some punches for the new FCG pins and a center punch for the trigger guard are needed too.

The conversion thread in the FAQ on this forum is very helpful:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=2042

And so is this guys youtube vids:

http://www.youtube.com/user/rjs3484

Most will recommend a 6 pack too.

The SAW PG only comes with the bolt, you still need to order the PG nut.

Like scoutjoe says the retainer plate is awesome and comes with directions on how to install that are extremely easy.

I also recommend a Dremel with cutoff wheels and the fine tipped, medium tipped, and cylinder grinding stones.

A drill is also necessary with the correct size cobalt bits for drilling out the front trigger guard hole and the original FCG pins.

A vice comes in handy. I bought these nice Craftsman pads for my vice at Sears, they're magnetic to help them stay on the vice. Just don't tighten the vice down too tight, you don't want to bend your receiver.

Some punches for the new FCG pins and a center punch for the trigger guard are needed too.

The conversion thread in the FAQ on this forum is very helpful:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=2042

And so is this guys youtube vids:

http://www.youtube.com/user/rjs3484

Most will recommend a 6 pack too.

The conversion thread says I'll lose the selector stop if I take off the bottom plate. Is that just for the shotguns? I looked at my rifle, and it seems the selector stop is part of the mag release, not the plate.

Thanks!

The conversion thread says I'll lose the selector stop if I take off the bottom plate. Is that just for the shotguns? I looked at my rifle, and it seems the selector stop is part of the mag release, not the plate.

Thanks!

Yah that's just the shotguns I guess, don't remember what mine looked like before I had it converted. On my 7.62 the selector stop is indeed part of the mag release.