Wish me luck today in a little competition.

Today I have a competition with probably only 20-30 competitors. Last year it was birdshot only on 25 targets: knockovers and fixed steel plates. It's a little combat action match that requires a bit of reloading (or a lot if you don't have a Saiga). I believe everyone competes in one open class; pumps, autos, optics, everything. A lot of the guys have speedloaders that quickly shove 4 rounds into their tube at a time. I'm the only magazine fed shotgun that I've seen there, although a friend has a USAS-12 and said he has used it in years past. I know one guy uses a ~30" side by side double barrel. The event should be a lot of fun.

This year it's still birdshot only and will probably be all steel plates that either knock down, to the side, or just ring. Last year it was promised for there to be 40 targets, I really hope that is the case. I have an MD-20, 2 AGP 10's, and the factory 5 round mag (45 rounds).

I thought that it was going to be a man on man 5 plate match, and so I didn't bother checking how well my MD-20 works. I haven't even fired the thing yet. I'll have to give it a trial by fire.

BTW this is going on at Rockville Fish and Game Club in the Vernon/Rockville/Manchester/Hartford area in Connecticut. It's at 10am Sunday October 5th, and late comers are often not allowed to shoot. The price to shoot is either $5 or $10, I don't remember.

So wish me and the MD-20 luck!

Add: I forgot to say that you can go through the course at least twice (depends on the turnout and sunlight). That's why I'm bringing my Saiga-.410 with me as well! I have (2) 10 round Surefire magazines for it, as well as (2) 4 round factory magazines for a total of 28 rounds.

Edited by Twinsen

Well hey, I wish you something I should have wished myself. I wish you a clear sky on that day.

It's raining right now, supposed to rain all day, and those Miami Vice DVDs are looking like my new version of Sunday morning cartoons. Poor MD-20!