Alex,

Enjoyed meeting and talking to you at the Nationals! When I can get the money together I'm going to pick up one of your comps. I like your expansion chamber versus JP's. I have a JP which I was going to install but after seeing yours I decided to sell the JP. Congratulations on your finish at the Nationals, I wish I were the caliber shooter you are but even though I'm not I do enjoy my Saiga. All the RO's were impressed with the ease of pre-loading and commented how light it was compared to the other "brands". My comment was "and reliable" like the AK if you found one in the paddies it was your weapon of choice, and just like the rabbit that keeps on running. Liked your mag clip good idea if you don't mind I'm going to do the same. I see after Blade-Tech used my mag to make the mold and delivered the wrong pouches to me they now offer both right and left hands for sale. Only cost me $47.00 to ship my mag to them and $166.00 for pouches that I couldn's use.

Thanks! It was nice to meet another Saiga shooter :)

Yeah, I'm happy with my (two year old pair of prototype) Bladetech mag pouches, but at that price I won't buy any more. I sent them a 8-round Russian mag back in 2006, and they finally got it back to me a year and change later (along with two pouches; I had also sent them a 10-round S20 mag; the pouches for it work the same). Nice folks, but a bit slow and (it seems these days) not willing to do custom work. I guess business is fine on the normal stuff, so more power to them.

The folded metal bar "pocket clip" idea was shamelessly stolen from some European shooters, and seems to work as intended. I'll do some more in steel, now that I know the brass proof-of-concept version works great (although a bit soft, as might be expected). About a 5 to 6 inch "clip" works best, not working its way out of the pocket whilst running.

I managed a decent time on the 18-round "run through the woods" stage using it as the reload mag :chris:

Between the two mag pouches, two mags with pocket clips, and two that are "jungle clipped", ammo on-hand isn't a problem.

Walking with all that, now that is a problem :D

Alex

The folded metal bar "pocket clip" idea was shamelessly stolen from some European shooters, and seems to work as intended. I'll do some more in steel, now that I know the brass proof-of-concept version works great (although a bit soft, as might be expected). About a 5 to 6 inch "clip" works best, not working its way out of the pocket whilst running.

Alex

Would you minds describing this a little more in depth, or even better providing a picture or two? I'm just starting out in three gun with my Saiga, and how to carry mags has been a big question. Thanks.

Chris

3Gunset_Alex_Sep08_sm.jpg

Ah, duct tape...is there anything it can't do?

I took a 12" by 1/2" by 1/8" brass bar, and rolled over the last 1/2" on both ends. Then I bent the bar almost exactly in half (offsetting the ends seemed like a good idea), and duct taped it to the magazine. The bar drops into the front pocket (or back pocket) of 5.11 pants (actual mileage may vary) and leaves the mag hanging in prime "reloading" position, if a bit lower than I usually like. The bar is long enough to not bounce out when sprinting (or the pitiful excuse for a sprint that I call "running" and others liken to a glacier in winter).

About two bucks for the metal and a few cents of decent 90mph tape ;)

Alex

This is my set-up for shotgun similar for rifle and handgun but naturally pouches smaller for rifle and handgun. I like the set-up Wakal has for hooking onto pocket with the brass clip. The pouch in the back is for a Barney shell one in the chamber and 10 in the magazine. My reload is grab the mag unlock the mag release with my thumb rock out the old mag rock in the new. I can rock a downloaded mag but not a full mag. I do have the LRBHO but if I can rock in a downloaded mag without shooting empty that's what I'll do. The last stage at the multigun was called a walk in the park it consisted of 18 clay birds. Your start position was shotgun loaded at port arms. There was a mechanical pressure pad that you stepped on and it activated a clay thrower all other clays were stationary but hidden throughout the walk. You memorize were the clays are by whatever method works for you. Mine was the number of clays at each position such as 1 - 1 - 2 - 1 - 1 etc. this way you know where to look and how many is at the spot. You know by the count when to reload without going empty. If you want to go empty you can, but by not going empty and doing a reloading your stage time can be faster. It's up to you as to what trips your trigger. Sometimes the start position is stock touching your belt or belly whichever comes first. As can be seen mine is belly. That's not from beer but pasta and wine.

post-4986-1224732323_thumb.jpg

post-4986-1224732336_thumb.jpg

post-4986-1224732348_thumb.jpg

3Gunset_Alex_Sep08_sm.jpg

Ah, duct tape...is there anything it can't do?

I took a 12" by 1/2" by 1/8" brass bar, and rolled over the last 1/2" on both ends. Then I bent the bar almost exactly in half (offsetting the ends seemed like a good idea), and duct taped it to the magazine. The bar drops into the front pocket (or back pocket) of 5.11 pants (actual mileage may vary) and leaves the mag hanging in prime "reloading" position, if a bit lower than I usually like. The bar is long enough to not bounce out when sprinting (or the pitiful excuse for a sprint that I call "running" and others liken to a glacier in winter).

About two bucks for the metal and a few cents of decent 90mph tape ;)

Alex

Alex,

You have all the cool toys. Maybe the next 3 gun nationals will be Saiga friendly. Bigger round count stages. Disappointed to see only one stage with more than 10.

Greg