New Saiga sight-in help

I'm new to rifles and I bought a converted Saiga from Classic Arms last week. I took it to a range yesterday and it shot 4 inches low and 4 inches left at 25 yds. I fixed the windage with a punch and a hammer. Do I just adjust the rear elevation to shoot it higher or do I need a sight tool to lower the front post?

Also, I've heard that you need to sight in at 25 meters and leave the rear sight at 100m setting. I'm not sure if the adjuster cylinder thing should line up on the bottom or top (see the picture below)? For 100m setting, is picture A correct or B?

Any tips for a Saiga newb would be appreciated!

Saiga-rearsight.jpg

I'm new to rifles and I bought a converted Saiga from Classic Arms last week. I took it to a range yesterday and it shot 4 inches low and 4 inches left at 25 yds. I fixed the windage with a punch and a hammer. Do I just adjust the rear elevation to shoot it higher or do I need a sight tool to lower the front post?

Also, I've heard that you need to sight in at 25 meters and leave the rear sight at 100m setting. I'm not sure if the adjuster cylinder thing should line up on the bottom or top (see the picture below)? For 100m setting, is picture A correct or B?

Saiga-rearsight.jpg

I need the same questions answered myself! I just took my new Saiga 7.62 to the range yesterday myself. Mine was also shooting on the bottom left of the paper at 25 yards, and I had to aim at the top right corner of the target paper to stay on the paper at all at 50 yards. Not horribly off, but I don't know how to adjust it. This is my first real rifle that I have bought new and need to sight in myself. Kinda lost. How did you adjust your point of impact to the right? I need to pull mine up and right like you did.

Also have no idea about the rear sight settings. I messed with them myself, got it to where it was kitting close to point of aim at 50 yards (height ways, still was left) but I let someone else shoot it before I could memorize where it was set at, and they moved it :mad:

Saiga-rearsight.jpg

I need the same questions answered myself! I just took my new Saiga 7.62 to the range yesterday myself. Mine was also shooting on the bottom left of the paper at 25 yards, and I had to aim at the top right corner of the target paper to stay on the paper at all at 50 yards. Not horribly off, but I don't know how to adjust it. This is my first real rifle that I have bought new and need to sight in myself. Kinda lost. How did you adjust your point of impact to the right? I need to pull mine up and right like you did.

Also have no idea about the rear sight settings. I messed with them myself, got it to where it was kitting close to point of aim at 50 yards (height ways, still was left) but I let someone else shoot it before I could memorize where it was set at, and they moved it :mad:

I adjusted the front sight with a punch and a hammer. To move your groups to right, tap the front sight to the left.

I just found this link. http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/AK-47_Operator's_Manual

"Set the rear sight for the desired range by pressing in on the slide catch and moving the slide bar along the leaf until the front edge of the bar is aligned with the line below the number that corresponds with the range in meters (figure 17)."

so it seems picture "A" is correct?

So now we are having kind of opposing ideas. Before I go back to the range next weekend and waste ammo trying to figure this out, which was is correct?

Do we put the front of the cylinder on the line like A, or the middle of the cylinder on the line?

For your sight, do 'A'.