Hello,

I have looked around and tried to find the answer to this myself, but couldn't seem to get the answer I was looking for. Can someone tell me what the purpose of the gas piston is? Do I need it for a 308 conversion?

Also, can somone tell me what a hand guard is?

My 308 is unconverted, but I've noticed that there are some sweet looking converted Saiga's that I want mine to look like. They have a extra railing or upper furniture right next to the iron sights. What is that? Is that a rail system?

Thanks for all the help,

Joe

Hello,

I have looked around and tried to find the answer to this myself, but couldn't seem to get the answer I was looking for. Can someone tell me what the purpose of the gas piston is?

:haha: To move the piston with gas

Do I need it for a 308 conversion?

Also, can somone tell me what a hand guard is?

:haha: come on I hope you are not going to use bullets in this thing what ever those are...

My 308 is unconverted, but I've noticed that there are some sweet looking converted Saiga's that I want mine to look like. They have a extra railing or upper furniture right next to the iron sights. What is that? Is that a rail system?

Thanks for all the help,

Joe

Sorry I couldn't help it. It re minded me of what's that plunger thing in the back of the gun :bag::lolol:

The hand guard is the thing you should have your left hand on if you are a right handed shooter.

Edited by madmax4x4