Conversion dvd

Anybody know if there is a dvd available that covers Saiga conversions?

I'm getting my first Saiga and know absolutely nothing about them. I have been doing a bunch of reading on conversions but would like to be able to see something other than pics if possible.

Thanks.

There are a few vids on you tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU96VbnSoTc

That isn't the most usual response.

You can't expect to be an expert over night...

What is it that causes you to regret buying it?

I never expect a conversion on any firearm to be simple.

In fact I don't know of many other weapon types that are as easily converted by the average shooter...

In fact I don't know of many other weapon types that are as easily converted by the average shooter...

Please don't misunderstand. I don't have one thing bad to say about this gun. The regret comes from me not doing my homework before I bought. :blues: Totally MY fault.

I'm sure it is one of the easiest to convert, but I have never done anything to any of my guns besides putting a short barrel and a collapsible stock on my 870. It's the trigger assembly I'm worried about. If it wasn't for the trigger, I would be ok. :unsure: I sent an email to one of the sponsors that is within driving distance from me so maybe they will be able to help me out. (fingers crossed) :up:

Please don't misunderstand. I don't have one thing bad to say about this gun. The regret comes from me not doing my homework before I bought. :blues: Totally MY fault.

I'm sure it is one of the easiest to convert, but I have never done anything to any of my guns besides putting a short barrel and a collapsible stock on my 870. It's the trigger assembly I'm worried about. If it wasn't for the trigger, I would be ok. :unsure: I sent an email to one of the sponsors that is within driving distance from me so maybe they will be able to help me out. (fingers crossed) :up:

You should let them coach you through the process but let you do the work. It helps you become familiar with your rifle. After doing it once you WILL want to convert more.

You should let them coach you through the process but let you do the work. It helps you become familiar with your rifle. After doing it once you WILL want to convert more.

I'm sure you're right. I would LOVE to have one of those S12's. :super:

Edited by Handgunner

The YT video is ok, you can use it as a rough reference, but he does a lot of stuff off-camera and that's annoying. A proper video, with proper lighting and recording equipment to capture the process, would be leaps and bounds ahead of the YT vids. Ideally, the maker of the DVD would be a person who has done at least 3 or 4 conversions across the spectrum (.223, 7.62x39, 12, etc) and would cover several methods to go about certain steps. They could start with the drill / dremel and hand-tools method and work their way up to more advanced stuff like welding on the trigger guard and using a drill press.

Edited by Big Boss