What else do I need to be compliant

Afternoon All,

I have a Saiga 12 that I have modified with the following and want to ensure that I have the required number of US parts to be complient.

AGP 10rd mags - 3 part count

TAPCO Intrafuse TS Stock set(Saw Grip, 6 position) 2 count.

If I install a Tromix or TAPCO Galil grip that will give me aother 1 count.

Will that give the magic number?

Thanks!!

That stock set is a bolt on set, you are not moving the FCG, correct? IF SO... The next question is... is your muzzle threaded?

IF NOT... then you have the following...

13 parts, minus 3, minus 2, and minus 1... = 7 foreign parts = :up::super:

Since less than 10 is the magic number.

However... should you plug a NON usa made hicap into it... and they DO exist, although not likely you ever will have the opportunity... consider yourself on the fence! you now have exactly 10... not "less than 10". That too is sometimes debated...

swap out the gas piston... the little 1" steel puck, for a USA made one... Like the Chaos one... and you would then have 6 parts, and ANY hicap mag is still going to have you in at 9... :up:

:smoke:

That stock set is a bolt on set, you are not moving the FCG, correct? IF SO... The next question is... is your muzzle threaded?

IF NOT... then you have the following...

13 parts, minus 3, minus 2, and minus 1... = 7 foreign parts = :up::super:

Since less than 10 is the magic number.

However... should you plug a NON usa made hicap into it... and they DO exist, although not likely you ever will have the opportunity... consider yourself on the fence! you now have exactly 10... not "less than 10". That too is sometimes debated...

swap out the gas piston... the little 1" steel puck, for a USA made one... Like the Chaos one... and you would then have 6 parts, and ANY hicap mag is still going to have you in at 9... :up:

:smoke:

Not going to move the FCG

Threaded barrel so that brings my count to 14

Going to add the following

Galil forend

Shark break

gas piston

Now we have 14 - 3 - 2 -1 -1 -1 = 6 foreign parts so I should be golden or is my count off?

Thanks for the reply.

Ashton

A Saiga SHOTGUN, as imported, has 13 foreign parts, or 14 with the skeleton stock (counts as pistol grip as well). You have a threaded barrel, so that's 14 or 15.

Start with 14:

Minus the stock (1 part unless your original stock was a skeleton stock. In that case, 2 parts)

Minus the magazine (3 parts)

Minus a foregrip (1 part)

Total: 9

You would have been fine even without replacing the foregrip.

The law specifically states "Not more than 10", so it's not really a grey area. It clearly indicates 10 is acceptable.

Edited by Mike the Wolf
  • 4 weeks later...

I think i got it now woo hoo! so the gun has the 14 parts and when I buy US made parts that count off my total 14 it will make my gun compliant to the 922r? And also when I change piston i would have a lower count?

Another question, who makes a 6 position stock with pistol grip that fits the saiga 12?