Scope mounting/Cheek pad Question

I just got done converting, and I also put a scope on this morning and it seems WAY too high!

Mount is the UTG 3rd Gen. Side mount , the scope has a built in mount that sticks down an extra .5 inch.

When looking through the optic my chin (not cheek) is resting on the stock, it seems really high. (since its a .223 it may not be an issue)

This is my first Rifle that doesnt have a "traditional" monte carlo style stock so it might just be me not being used to this stock.

What do ya think?? Should I look into a cheek rest or the reciever mounted rail for the sight?HPIM0500_edited.jpg

JMHO You have your Saiga set up in a tactical mode for quick target acquisition. You won't be doing any benchrest shooting with that mag and fore grip. If it doesn't work for you like that you can always change the butt stock.

Nice job by the way.

JMHO You have your Saiga set up in a tactical mode for quick target acquisition. You won't be doing any benchrest shooting with that mag and fore grip. If it doesn't work for you like that you can always change the butt stock.

Nice job by the way.

Good point my goal for this .223 was to be able to move quickly from target to target. The more I shoulder it and look through the scope the more I like it (for what it was intended to do),I think I just have to get used to it not being a hunting rifle. LOL

Thanks this is my first Saiga and conversion, it was really neat to be able to do this myself. Next will be some Duracoat!

I just got done converting, and I also put a scope on this morning and it seems WAY too high!

Mount is the UTG 3rd Gen. Side mount , the scope has a built in mount that sticks down an extra .5 inch.

When looking through the optic my chin (not cheek) is resting on the stock, it seems really high. (since its a .223 it may not be an issue)

This is my first Rifle that doesnt have a "traditional" monte carlo style stock so it might just be me not being used to this stock.

What do ya think?? Should I look into a cheek rest or the reciever mounted rail for the sight?HPIM0500_edited.jpg

Command Arms Accessories has an Adjustable Cheek Piece and a Picatinny Rail Mount that will fit the Tapco T6 Collapsible Stock. I have been using this setup on my Saiga .308 and .223 conversions. I use the UTG 3rd Gen mount also.

[Command Arms Accessories has an Adjustable Cheek Piece and a Picatinny Rail Mount that will fit the Tapco T6 Collapsible Stock. I have been using this setup on my Saiga .308 and .223 conversions. I use the UTG 3rd Gen mount also.

Sounds good I will look into that.

Is this the same one you are using?

http://www.opticsplanet.net/caa-adjustable-cheek-rest.html

Edited by Twostroke

I somehow could not reply to your latest post, let me try replying to this one.

Yes, that is the one I am using on my Tapco T6. Just make sure the piccatiny rail is included. I noticed on the CAA website that they sell the Adjustable Cheek Piece and the rail separate. I got mine as a complete set from a local gunstore here in Virginia Beach. They are made of hard plastic and are pretty good for the price.

• 2 weeks later...