Every new Saiga owner

I just ordered my Saiga 12 with a 24 inch barrel (I hope I can actually get it). I am a bit of a beginner, and am looking for advice.

1) What are the advantages of a conversion, and are they worth it?

2) What should every new Saiga owner buy or do once they get their gun?

3) Any advice in general about the gun

Thanks, any help will be appreciated.

1. The conversion (or if I may quote a valuable member of this forum by the name of Nalioth) the "liberation", so it's more like saying the unconversion because the gun was converted to be imported legally to the U.S. If that's not reason enough then I'm sure someone will pipe up on this thread with all the facts about the gun being better balanced etc. So yes, "conversion" is definately worth it. The way I look at it, an unconverted Saiga defeats the purpose of owning a Saiga. It's like you've always wanted a Mustang but end up getting the V6. That analogy sort of makes sense.

2. You should buy lots of buckshot and wear out your shoulder. Then buy conversion parts, convert, and go wear out your shoulder again. You'll appreciate the difference, it's almost like a different gun.

3. Too much to list, browse through the threads and you'll learn stuff you didn't even know you didn't know.

Thanks. Guess I will have to start saving up.

It is going to be a little while before I can make anything but the most essential upgrades (damn student loans), but I know I want a pistol grip. What other conversion upgrades would you recommend that don't cost an arm and a leg that are essential to "liberate" the gun. I would normally wait a little while to upgrade, but I am afraid it won't be possible shortly after the election.

Thanks. Guess I will have to start saving up.

It is going to be a little while before I can make anything but the most essential upgrades (damn student loans), but I know I want a pistol grip. What other conversion upgrades would you recommend that don't cost an arm and a leg that are essential to "liberate" the gun. I would normally wait a little while to upgrade, but I am afraid it won't be possible shortly after the election.

list of necessitities

saiga4resizedhk8.jpg

w480.png

• 2 weeks later...