Trigger Job

I own 2 Saiga 308's. One has the 22" barrel and the other one has a 16" barrel. I love the quality and function of both of them other than their triggers. Is it hard to change out triggers as a novice and if not what trigger would you reccomend?

:rolleyes:

I just filled a little off the hammer.

No, it's not really hard.

The trigger hole is most likely already there under the plate.

The actual trigger parts are in the correct location internally.

To "sporterize" it, Ishmash has tacked on that folded hunk of tin they call a trigger and extended it so it comes out towards the rear of the receiver.

338-06 how did you do it and how much did you take off ? I have always wanted to reduce the the length of the trigger pull.

I own 2 Saiga 308's. One has the 22" barrel and the other one has a 16" barrel. I love the quality and function of both of them other than their triggers. Is it hard to change out triggers as a novice and if not what trigger would you reccomend?

I did not like the "long" trigger pull I had with my Saiga .308 either. That is what drove me to "convert" it to a pistol grip conversion so I can change out the trigger using a Tromix modified Tapco Fire Control Group. I do not believe that there is any Trigger Group in the market that will provide any improvement on the original saiga trigger for replacement, and retain the "sporter" configuration (anybody, please correct me if I am wrong).

I did not like the "long" trigger pull I had with my Saiga .308 either. That is what drove me to "convert" it to a pistol grip conversion so I can change out the trigger using a Tromix modified Tapco Fire Control Group. I do not believe that there is any Trigger Group in the market that will provide any improvement on the original saiga trigger for replacement, and retain the "sporter" configuration (anybody, please correct me if I am wrong).

You could try dinzag, He does a trigger group for sporter configuration.

338-06 how did you do it and how much did you take off ? I have always wanted to reduce the the length of the trigger pull.

:rolleyes: I just filed a little and tried it. I did this several times probably took about 20 thousands. I always hated the creep and long pull. I cant believe how much this helped. I just removed the cover and piston and filed and tested it with the gun together.Quite easy.

Vary good .

:rolleyes: I just filed a little and tried it. I did this several times probably took about 20 thousands. I always hated the creep and long pull. I cant believe how much this helped. I just removed the cover and piston and filed and tested it with the gun together.Quite easy.