saiga 12 rattle

hi i just unpacked a new saiga 12 from its box and noticed that there is a slight rattle in the gas tube when you shake the shotgun back and forward is this normal ?

You can hear the gas piston (puck) move when new or clean. Normal to hear that. Welcome to the forum

Edited by Superhawk138

Short answer: It's perfectly normal.

Long answer: Yes, you are hearing the gas piston (puck) moving in the gas tube. The gas pressure from the barrel presses on the piston, which in turn pushes on the bolt carrier. In fact, if you don't hear the piston moving, either it's time to clean the gas tube, or something worse may have happened. Hearing that sound means the piston is free to move, which is an essential part of reliability in the Saiga 12.

Enjoy your new shotgun!

hi i just unpacked a new saiga 12 from its box and noticed that there is a slight rattle in the gas tube when you shake the shotgun back and forward is this normal ?

You can hear the gas piston (puck) move when new or clean. Normal to hear that. Welcome to the forum

thanks for the info was going to take it back to the stdre is it quiet when its dirty?

thanks for the info was going to take it back to the stdre is it quiet when its dirty?

After some rounds are fired it gums up a little doesn't rattle but usually doesn't affect operation untill a couple hundred rounds are fired.

hey while you are still around how do you remove the front forend

Remove the screw that holds on the sling swivel and pull off.

Edited by Superhawk138

ok thanks got a russian one with under rail to put back on does it fit on the same way?

Yeah it fits the same way, but where did you get the Russian one with the rail?

Everyone is looking for those!

ok thanks got a russian one with under rail to put back on does it fit on the same way?

found it on a new zealand gun site will go to my favorites and give you the name hang tight i believe they only have one more left

found it on a new zealand gun site will go to my favorites and give you the name hang tight i believe they only have one more left

its called gun city

Gun City,..

Yep found it,,

http://www.guncity.co.nz/saiga-shotgun-tac...xidp128138.html

also found this,..

A Saiga Mariner! Damn!

and this Saiga supressor,..

and More

http://www.guncity.co.nz/xurl/function/pro.../0/content.html

sweet,

I am not sure what the currency conversion rates are but those prices sure look high! But look at all the stuff for sale!

Thanks,

post-9483-1225935293_thumb.jpg

post-9483-1225935371_thumb.jpg

sweet,

I am not sure what the currency conversion rates are but those prices sure look high! But look at all the stuff for sale!

Thanks,

There is a currency conversion on the right of the page near the top. The guys in NZ are calling the the original saiga mags 7 rounders to get around their laws.

Gun City,..

Yep found it,,

also found this,..

A Saiga Mariner! Damn!

and More

sweet,

Thanks,

What no picture of the "Bling" edition

post-6703-1225939687_thumb.jpg

Gun City,..

Yep found it,,

also found this,..

A Saiga Mariner! Damn!

and More

sweet,

Thanks,

What no picture of the "Bling" edition

post-6703-1225939687_thumb.jpg

Wow, that's gangsta yo! :rolleyes: One of the local pawn shops out here was selling a gold plated AK awhile back for a buttload of $$$, must have taken them forever to find a buyer for that thing that could pass a NICS check :lolol: