Some of the Romanian AKs only have the triangle without the arrow. What you have is a typical home or business build. They took a Romanian (probably a G, does it have a big G on the left side of the block?) AK and cut the receiver. After it was brought here, it was disassembled and reassembled on the USA made receiver. To be compliant with federal law 922®, certain amounts of US made parts are required to make it a "Made in the USA" rifle instead of an imported rifle. Those parts on your gun would be the receiver, trigger group (three parts), the pistol grip, and likely the rest of the furniture, and gas piston. It appears to have been built and finished well, so providing it's a good shooter is easily a 450-500 gun nowadays. I'm not a fan of Tapco stuff, but to each, his own.

Hope this helps!

Post more pics!

Thanks for the info, I took the top cover off the hand guard and there is a big G stamped on the side.

Does anyone know if some one has compiled a list of the different markings for the AK rifles? With all the variations a newbie like me doesn't have a clue what I'm looking at when I go to buy a rifle.

This one looks to have had little use. The guy I got it from said he has shot it, actually he has a small collection of AK's, but aparently he didn't shoot them much and took care of them.

100_0409-1T.jpg

100_0405-1T.jpg

Edited by Lumox
Thanks for the info, I took the top cover off the hand guard and there is a big G stamped on the side.

Does anyone know if some one has compiled a list of the different markings for the AK rifles? With all the variations a newbie like me doesn't have a clue what I'm looking at when I go to buy a rifle.

This one looks to have had little use. The guy I got it from said he has shot it, actually he has a small collection of AK's, but aparently he didn't shoot them much and took care of them.

100_0409-1T.jpg

100_0405-1T.jpg

THere are no markings that will tell you anything.

Military parts are able to be juggled around and mix-n-matched during a build. Century is known for scrubbing all markings from the parts they use in their builds.

US receievers have to have the receiver manufacturers name on them, but that doesn't tell you the actual builder.

A few of the big name builders ( like Tromix ) will put their name on anything they build.

http://www.ak-47.us/AK47_Factories.php

There you go. Russian AKs are alot harder to find, and therefore alot more expensive. Chinese and Bulgarian are excellent quality and also pricey. The rest of the countries vary in value/quality, with the Romanian down near the bottom. They're still excellent rifles, don't get me wrong, and I have a few of them. The '70s versions are generally better made than the 80's versions.

HTH