Cycling problem since conversion

I read some of the other threads on here about similar issues, and I thought I had addressed the problem, but I haven't. I converted this weekend and used a Tapco FCG that I modified myself. When I modified it, I used the side of the metal cutoff wheel on my Dremel to smooth the part of the hammer where the BCG hits it, and of course I lubricated it. I also took apart the gas system and cleaned it out. The gun won't cycle correctly on standard Federal 00 now. Some rounds cycle, some don't. It reloads, but doesn't reset the trigger.

Ideas? I'm going to head downrange again shortly and retry with some slugs.

Apparantly the right side leg of the spring isn't seating right and after a few rounds jumps to interfere with the disconnector. I bent it back out a bit, and will try it again after lunch. Disappointing when I was trying to show it off to the Tactical Shotgun class. :cryss:

Hi Wakko,

I had the same issue when I first converted mine. The spring legs have to line up and rest on the trigger or you will not have the reset tension.

The other thing that I have found cause this is not enough gas pushing the bolt back. If you shortened your barrel, you will have to open up the gas ports. If the bolt only goes back enough to extract the shell, it may not have enough 'oomph' to reset the trigger on the way back forward.

I hope this helps!

I had the same exact issue with the right side of the spring right after conversion. Found it after a few minutes of tinkering. Works like a champ now.

The issue was the spring was causing the hammer to get caught on the back trigger hook, not providing enough tension to return the trigger to firing position. The bolt carrier was getting caught up on the spring also, the gun was jamming inconsistently, but every time the trigger was pulled for the follow up shot, nothing happened.

That's why I did a function test on my conversion before showing it off to my buddies. :D

Edited by AlaskanMBR

Works fine in function test, but when I go hot, the spring keeps popping off. I bent it, but it still popped off. I've got the entire 50 position range to myself tomorrow, so I'll play with it then some more.