Pistol Grip

Hey Guys,

I am new to Saiga. I have been looking on here into doing the pistol grip conversion. How hard is this to do?? Is this something that is just a bolt on accessory or is there modifying required of the existing components?? I also wanted to know if this was legal in NY. Where would be a good place to get the pistol grip from? sorry for the idiotic questions. like i said i am new here and i was getting overwhelmed with all of the conversion threads.

thank you.

Hey Guys,

I am new to Saiga. I have been looking on here into doing the pistol grip conversion. How hard is this to do?? Is this something that is just a bolt on accessory or is there modifying required of the existing components?? I also wanted to know if this was legal in NY. Where would be a good place to get the pistol grip from? sorry for the idiotic questions. like i said i am new here and i was getting overwhelmed with all of the conversion threads.

thank you.

as far as "how" you should do a little searching on this forum and you will find many threads that outline exactly how... if you then still have a specific question you should post it up and im sure someone will answer you..

in regards to "where" to buy things from id suggest Dinzag hes really fair and extremely helpfull...

in regards to if its legal you have two issues.. federal laws and state laws.. when you find the threads through searching you will see exactly what i mean by compliance.. in regards to state.. ive found my local state police barracks to be really helpfull in what you can do in regards to state laws..

Given that you want to throw a pistol grip on it, and it already has a detachable magazine, that means in NY, you can't have a threaded barrel, bayonet lug or telescoping/folding stock.

Saigas do not come with threaded barrels or bayonet lugs, so you're in the clear with throwing on a pistol grip.

Make sure you have a fixed length stock, and make sure if you get any mags that hold more than 10 rounds, that they are pre-ban, which is NY law.

On a federal level, you have to deal with 922r.

Read up, and read some more. There's plenty of info on 922r, and there's also some good threads on NY specifically.

Welcome to the forum, by the way! :smoke: