I am having a little problem installing the safety lever. I purchased a TAPCO G2 FCG. I installed the pin(s), retainer clip, FCG, springs, and the hammer. The safety lever would not clear the trigger backing. Basically, when I attempted to re-engage the safety, it tends to hit the backside of the two prongs sitting on the back. I attempted to file down the safety and the two prongs on the back of the FCG. It still does not re-engage. The rifle will fire but the safety will not work. Can someone please give me some advice or suggestions. I am attempting not to file down too much because I still want the safety to work. You should be able to see the shiny part of where I filed a little off. If I am not clear on my description, please let me know and I'll attempt to include more pictures. :cryss:

post-13087-1226554820_thumb.jpgpost-13087-1226554798_thumb.jpg :ded:

These last two pics are of the safety lever. One shows the lever not engaged and the other pic shows the lever attempting to be engaged.

post-13087-1226556345_thumb.jpgpost-13087-1226556357_thumb.jpg

post-13087-1226555142_thumb.jpg

post-13087-1226555154_thumb.jpg

Edited by Em1sniper

I haven't tinkered with my FCG for quite awhile and have had a couple beers this evening, but I noticed that you do not have your spring installed. Throw that bad boy in there and it should lift your FCG up enough for the lever to clear it. Either that or find the "sweet spot" when putting it in.

I haven't tinkered with my FCG for quite awhile and have had a couple beers this evening, but I noticed that you do not have your spring installed. Throw that bad boy in there and it should lift your FCG up enough for the lever to clear it. Either that or find the "sweet spot" when putting it in.

Is the safety lever suppose to be resting on top of the spring or the rear of the FCG?

Edited by Em1sniper

Is the safety lever suppose to be resting on top of the spring or the rear of the FCG?

the safty lever should not touch the return spring only the right leg of the triger. you might need to file that part of the safty lever to fit. just rember to check often. muttman

Good photos.

Have you checked the bolt you have securing the back of the relocated trigger guard? The silver looking thing just below the safety locking area.

Are you Absolutely sure the safety or rear of the trigger assembly is not touching it?

I installed my trigger guard last night and put the head of the trigger guard retaining screw inside of the Receiver. I did this to make sure I had no interfearance with the FCG.

It just looks like the screw is sitting up a little to high.

Good Luck

Good photos.

Have you checked the bolt you have securing the back of the relocated trigger guard? The silver looking thing just below the safety locking area.

Are you Absolutely sure the safety or rear of the trigger assembly is not touching it?

I installed my trigger guard last night and put the head of the trigger guard retaining screw inside of the Receiver. I did this to make sure I had no interfearance with the FCG.

It just looks like the screw is sitting up a little to high.

Good Luck

I finished with the install. Al I had to do was get my dremel and take down the backing of the FCG down a little. I checked other threads and a lot of people all had to do the same thing. All I have to do now is shoot this damn thing.