A few months ago I saw a shotgun on gunbroker which looked interesting. It was customized by a company I had never heard of. It was worked on by a guy in Michigan by the name of J.D., who is ex-Marine and ex-law enforcement. Anyway, he is now a Remington Armorer and has a P.I. business, too. He builds tactical Remington Police and Magnum shotguns. I have one of his 20 gauge guns and it it is very well done. He basically turns a non-Police 870 into a "super police 870" if you will. He also does a lot of other stuff, but he only works on Remingtons.

Anyway, other than having one of his guns, I do not know him or have an interest in his business. But if you are thinking about a Remington, or having your old Remington rebuilt, he is cheaper and faster and, in my opinion, better than his big name competition in the Remington conversion industry. Also, his build time is about a week. However, He is very fixed in his thinking (I mean this as a compliment). He views his company as one which caters to law enforcement and their demands. So, his builds are geared more toward function and less toward fluff (Which caused him some consternation with me, as I like gun add ons and gun "tactical cool" stuff.) In fact, he may reject your build or your ideas if he thinks it would cast his "law enforcement oriented reputation" in a bad light at the range. At a bare minimum, he will try to talk you out of any excess fluff stuff, before he acquiesces and takes your money. At first I was a bit turned back by this concept, but then I respected it. He has a goal, and he builds to keep that goal on the straight and narrow. I can respect that.

So, I just wanted to pass this bit of info along to my Saiga brothers and sisters. If you have any interest in Remington shotguns, check him out. His company is AI&P Tactical, L.L.C.

As a side note, it is interesting how this rush to buy guns is affecting everyone. J.D. said that even the supply of 870s is very low. He was down to seven and his distributor was out! Wow! I know supply should catch up with demand, but this is pretty amazing.

WJ

Edited by WarriorJudge