New York Compliancy Question

Thanks for the input...

Would the paarts bellow make me compliant??

My list so far of compliant parts

Combathunting.com : US Parts

AK-47 Side Mount with Double Rails 3rd

(ATI) AK Maadi HandGuard; Advanced Technology

MattSKSupplies.com : US Parts

Saiga GAS TUBE WITH A METAL VENTILATED HAND GUARD

Saiga US MADE PISTON

Saiga GUN TECH AK BUFFER

Dinzagarms.com : US Parts

'74 Style Brake

Still to purchase looking for input if anyone has advice....

K-Var.com : US Parts

FCG ~3pc. Hammer, Trigger and Disconnector for Stamped receiver

or

Tapco Fire Control Groups

Thanks for the input...

AK-47 Side Mount with Double Rails 3rd

(ATI) AK Maadi HandGuard; Advanced Technology

Saiga GAS TUBE WITH A METAL VENTILATED HAND GUARD

Saiga US MADE PISTON

Saiga GUN TECH AK BUFFER

'74 Style Brake

or

Tapco Fire Control Groups

You can only put the muzzle brake on if you permanently attach it with a weld or the like.

Thanks for the input...

AK-47 Side Mount with Double Rails 3rd (This does not count for 922r, so it doesn't matter if it's foreign or not)

(ATI) AK Maadi HandGuard; Advanced Technology (This will give you 1 part toward compliance. You will need a lower handguard retainer and regular AK gas tube to use these on a Saiga)

Saiga GAS TUBE WITH A METAL VENTILATED HAND GUARD (This does not count for 922r)

Saiga US MADE PISTON (This will give you 1 part toward compliance)

Saiga GUN TECH AK BUFFER (This does count for 922r)

'74 Style Brake (This will not exactly count toward compliance, being that you're not replacing anything. Saigas do not come with muzzle devices from the factory. But being that it is US made, it pretty much negates itself. So you'd be fine to install, but keep in mind you need to thread your barrel to use the brakes from Dinzag. Saiga barrels aren't threaded. Also, like GunGuy pointed out, you'd need to have it permanently attached, to be NY legal)

or

Tapco Fire Control Groups (A US made FCG will give you 3 parts toward compliance)

So with the US made gas piston, handguards, and FCG, you will be 922r compliant when you throw a pistol grip or mag that holds more than 10 rounds into it. You will have 9 foreign parts. Meaning, if you wanted to, you could use a foreign made PG, and still be compliant at 10 foreign parts.

Edited by 22_Shooter
post-13453-1227208600_thumb.jpgbut isnt an ak74 muzzle break considerd a flash hider also. flash hiders are illegal in NY no matter how they are put on. i put a ak-74 front sight block on my saiga but wasnt sure bout the muzzle break. eventually i will move the fcg forward but i did this pistol grip for now Edited by Bilo
but isnt an ak74 muzzle break considerd a flash hider also. flash hiders are illegal in NY no matter how they are put on.

No, AK muzzle brakes are just that, muzzle brakes. Lots of post-ban AK's are sold with AK brakes perm. attached for NY residents. But you're right that no flash hider of any kind is allowed on a post-ban in NY.

Edited by 22_Shooter
Thanks for the input...

AK-47 Side Mount with Double Rails 3rd (This does not count for 922r, so it doesn't matter if it's foreign or not)

(ATI) AK Maadi HandGuard; Advanced Technology (This will give you 1 part toward compliance. You will need a lower handguard retainer and regular AK gas tube to use these on a Saiga)

Saiga GAS TUBE WITH A METAL VENTILATED HAND GUARD (This does not count for 922r)

Saiga US MADE PISTON (This will give you 1 part toward compliance)

Saiga GUN TECH AK BUFFER (This does count for 922r)

'74 Style Brake (This will not exactly count toward compliance, being that you're not replacing anything. Saigas do not come with muzzle devices from the factory. But being that it is US made, it pretty much negates itself. So you'd be fine to install, but keep in mind you need to thread your barrel to use the brakes from Dinzag. Saiga barrels aren't threaded. Also, like GunGuy pointed out, you'd need to have it permanently attached, to be NY legal)

or

Tapco Fire Control Groups (A US made FCG will give you 3 parts toward compliance)

So with the US made gas piston, handguards, and FCG, you will be 922r compliant when you throw a pistol grip or mag that holds more than 10 rounds into it. You will have 9 foreign parts. Meaning, if you wanted to, you could use a foreign made PG, and still be compliant at 10 foreign parts.

Cool I should be all set then I will most likle weld the Brake on and I just picked up two 30 round pre 1994 mag's to convert....

This helps allot thanks again for all the info I will post my gun when all the parts are in and the fun begins..

but isnt an ak74 muzzle break considerd a flash hider also. flash hiders are illegal in NY no matter how they are put on.

No, AK muzzle brakes are just that, muzzle brakes. Lots of post-ban AK's are sold with AK brakes perm. attached for NY residents. But you're right that no flash hider of any kind is allowed on a post-ban in NY.

I appreciate you clearing this up for me. i have been wanting to add one to my saiga for a while.

Were did you get these mags? I've been looking for some to convert

Cool I should be all set then I will most likle weld the Brake on and I just picked up two 30 round pre 1994 mag's to convert....

This helps allot thanks again for all the info I will post my gun when all the parts are in and the fun begins..