Just got a saiga 12

I just purchased a saiga 12 at my local outdoors store, now im wondering about these posts i see about american points?? What exactly do they mean by that. Im new to these shotguns and forum but have been resarching on them. Also were can i get the halo mfg rail? I think the saiga 12 is awsomw and any helpful info appreciated!!! Thanks Craig-b

I just purchased a saiga 12 at my local outdoors store, now im wondering about these posts i see about american points?? What exactly do they mean by that. Im new to these shotguns and forum but have been resarching on them. Also were can i get the halo mfg rail? I think the saiga 12 is awsomw and any helpful info appreciated!!! Thanks Craig-b

If you are talking about replacing foreign parts with U.S. parts, that is done to comply with 922r (an idiotic piece of legislation) so that larger capacity magazines, pistol grips, and other "evil" features can be used. Dinzagarms.com has good information clarifying the issue, as well as excellent products for Saigas.

also what mods can i do to my saiga 12 and still be in compliance to the 922r laws?

Get it in compliance with 922r and then look at all of the things you can do to it. Thats my suggestion. US gas puck, US made trigger assembly (moved forward for a US made pistol grip) and a US stock set and that should about get you there.

Thanks guys, were can i get some 10 round magazine, everywere i look is sold out. Also what other rail setups are there? I basically want for now is mags and rail setup, then do a pistol grip and stock.

Dont panic on the mags. Some people are trying to gouge folks due to the political situation and are asking outrageous prices for 12ga mags on Gunbroker, etc. (and idiots are paying)

AGP has jacked their mag prices on this upcoming distribution... like many places suddenly "needed" to do ??? but Surefire is coming into the market with 12rd mags and later 10's as well.

Do some searching online and you'll find the various places that sell mags as well as various tri-rails and you can make an educated decision without jumping at the first thing you see or someone suggests.

Good luck

HarvKY