Hey guys, I just converted my 1st saiga so I'm sorry if this is a noob question. I did everything except install the bullet guide. While doing the conversion I noticed that the breech of my barrel appeared to be "ramped" and it seems to cycle bullets with a standard mag just fine, although I haven't fired it yet. So do I need to put a bullet guide in?

The factory magazine that was in the box with your Saiga has an extended front lip, which bumps the cartridge up far enough to feed.

IOW, the factory mags have built in feed ramps.

If you want to use milsurp mags, you'll need the bullet guide.

As far as I know, unless you are using mags made/modified to work with a Saiga without a bullet guide (Surefire Gun Mags, Promag Saiga mags, Saiga factory mags, etc.), you need a bullet guide to use standard AK mags.
Is any other modification needed to allow the Saiga to accept the AK47 mags? I have been considering getting a Saiga in the 762x39 but would like to use my AK mags in it.
As far as I know, unless you are using mags made/modified to work with a Saiga without a bullet guide (Surefire Gun Mags, Promag Saiga mags, Saiga factory mags, etc.), you need a bullet guide to use standard AK mags.
Is any other modification needed to allow the Saiga to accept the AK47 mags? I have been considering getting a Saiga in the 762x39 but would like to use my AK mags in it.

The sooner you get your Saiga the better, They're easily converted to a nice AK configuration and the bullet guides from Dinzag arms are the best. It's a great investment. :dollar: