Are there conversion instructions anywhere ??

Does anyone have or know where to find instruction on how to convert a Saiga to standard AK configuration? I was watching a conversion on YouTube and it looked like the guy in the video had some how-to instuctions on the table behind him. Looked like pages and pages of info.

Does anyone have or know where to find instruction on how to convert a Saiga to standard AK configuration? I was watching a conversion on YouTube and it looked like the guy in the video had some how-to instuctions on the table behind him. Looked like pages and pages of info.

Kymasabe'

Basic conversion, go to .

Shiek's Conversion tutorial

http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/

good luck and welcome aboard,

louielouie

p.s. Get yourself a good "carbide" 3/16 inch drill bit to get through the weld on the trigger plate. You will wear out 3 of your best drill bits if you use regular drill bits.

louielouie

Thanks Louie !!

This is actually my 4th Saiga.

First one was a long barreled .308 that I had briefly and sold.

Second was a long barreled 7.62 that I put a skeletonized stock on and later sold.

Third is my Hesse converted 7.62 which, though most of you are cringing at the mention of Hesse, has actually been 100% reliable and looks good too.

Fourth is my new 7.62, basic, bare-bones sporter that I'm going to do the conversion on myself.

Where can I get all my conversion materials affordably?

You can also try Utube, They have one I've seen which was done on a kitchen table. It's really doable with basic hand tools like a file, screwdrivers, drill, and a dremel comes in very handy. It's not that hard to do. Even the bullet guide was simple when you get the kit that has the tap and drill included from Dinzag Arms. Take your time and don't rush. If you want reasonable priced stocks and grips try here http://www.directoutdoorsupply.com/ just search Tapco.

Edited by g1rock