TG: Saigatech vs Tromix DIY

Are there any functional differences between the two? From what I can tell, the only major difference is that the Saigatech uses a small screw as a safety stop, where the Tromix uses bent sheet metal thats part of the TG.

Any preferences out there? And how much of a PITA for a somewhat mechanically uninclined individual would that extra screw be?

Are there any functional differences between the two? From what I can tell, the only major difference is that the Saigatech uses a small screw as a safety stop, where the Tromix uses bent sheet metal thats part of the TG.

Any preferences out there? And how much of a PITA for a somewhat mechanically uninclined individual would that extra screw be?

I have the saigatech. It also has teh bent metal. Next round I'm going to use the Tromix for a comparison.

Well I have seen and installed both as of today.

The SaigaTech looks a little better, in my opinion, installed. The SaigaTech no longer requires the drilling and threading of a hole to add the safety stop, this feature has been incorporated into the Triggerguard for some time.

The Tromix is a bit easier to install, with its clever open design that can be stretched or compressed in case your particular S12 has the mounting holes a bit off.

It is no big deal for most to take a round file and quickly make the SaigaTech fit, but if you worry about fooling with this simple mod, the Tromix has the built in adjustment.