Rust in the gas tube. How often do you clean it?

I have shot just Wolf in my Saiga and found rusting in the gas tube. I cleaned it before I went to a range and there was rust again the next day because I didn't clean it after I got home from the range.

Also, how do you clean the gas port that is connected to the barrel?

Wolf corrosive? Yes and no. Any gunpowder is corrosive in the sense that it heats the metal and oxidation it faster at highier temperatures. I love how Wolf works with my Russian gas piston on Saiga but hate it on Tapco replacement in WASR-10. Simply, Clean it every time you come home from shooting.

Easiest way to clean your AK/Saiga/Vepr is to drop it for 20-30 minutes into a bath full of warm water with dish washer liquid. Rinse with warm water, dry it on the heat radiator, spray with oil... You are good to go

But dont use metal brushes on chrome plated barrel

Wolf corrosive? Yes and no. Any gunpowder is corrosive in the sense that it heats the metal and oxidation it faster at highier temperatures. I love how Wolf works with my Russian gas piston on Saiga but hate it on Tapco replacement in WASR-10. Simply, Clean it every time you come home from shooting.

Easiest way to clean your AK/Saiga/Vepr is to drop it for 20-30 minutes into a bath full of warm water with dish washer liquid. Rinse with warm water, dry it on the heat radiator, spray with oil... You are good to go

Wow - my wife would be pretty PO'd if I ran a warm bathtub and dumped dish washer soap and a dirty gun into the jaccuzi twice a week. I'd have a lot of splainin to do. Sounds a little bit of overkill to me. I have shot some WD-40 down the tube every few hundred rounds and run a few patches through and that's about it. My 4 Saiga's appear to be in good shape.

Wow - my wife would be pretty PO'd if I ran a warm bathtub and dumped dish washer soap and a dirty gun into the jaccuzi twice a week. I'd have a lot of splainin to do. Sounds a little bit of overkill to me. I have shot some WD-40 down the tube every few hundred rounds and run a few patches through and that's about it. My 4 Saiga's appear to be in good shape.

Brake cleaner is my favorite to use it's a for sure deal. I've been using it for years and have told many people to give it a shot not one has come back and said it hurt thier guns. I got to ideal from my Pop he's bine an Black powder shooter threw his adult life and that's all he'll use and Black powder is the messy ever!!!

Ever now and then rip the gun down hose her down real good with brake cleaner it drys in seconds wipe with a rag then hose her down with REM put her back togather, done...

I'm real anal about my guns.. I brake them all down and clean them after every time I'm done shooting them for the day.

As for the gas port I use a 16ga shot gun wire brush with Windex, then (your favorite Gun Solvent). I also use GI Gun Oil it works very well, you can use it for gunsmith work as well.