Need answers for conversion

Hi, I just purchased a Saiga SGL10 (7.62X39) A very nice weapon, I must say.

Anyway, I am looking to convert it. I want to put AK furniture on it. And it seems that I need a special retainer for the handguards. I take it, standard AK furniture will not fit this gun? How about an AK stock and pistol grip? Will they fit?

Also, I am a bit confused about FCG. Some people say "you need to replace it to convert it" Why cant I use the same FCG that came with the gun? As you can tell I am NEW to this topic. I just want it to go smoothly without any alterations on my part or screw ups. Thanks for reading this. Take care. :smoke:

Edited by plasticman

Hi,

I'm a newbie too. Ordered an SGL-10 and picking it up tomorrow. If I understand correctly the forearms already have AK retainers and stocks.

Te rear will have to be converted to fit a pistol grip and stock. Here's a link to some instructions, http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/index.htm

As far as the FCG I'm not too sure, I think the Arsenal SGL-10 already has the correct FCG. But I could likely be wrong. :D

Do a search here and online and you'll find lots of answers. Good luck!

Hi,

I'm a newbie too. Ordered an SGL-10 and picking it up tomorrow. If I understand correctly the forearms already have AK retainers and stocks.

Te rear will have to be converted to fit a pistol grip and stock. Here's a link to some instructions, http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/index.htm

As far as the FCG I'm not too sure, I think the Arsenal SGL-10 already has the correct FCG. But I could likely be wrong. :D

Do a search here and online and you'll find lots of answers. Good luck!

Thanks kingguns, I'll keep ya posted. Very confusing isnt it?? I get alot of different answers, the more I look into this. I dont want to buy any conversion parts that I may not need. Conversion parts are expensive as hell!Take care.

Edited by plasticman
Hi, I just purchased a Saiga SGL10 (7.62X39) A very nice weapon, I must say.

Anyway, I am looking to convert it. I want to put AK furniture on it. And it seems that I need a special retainer for the handguards. I take it, standard AK furniture will not fit this gun? How about an AK stock and pistol grip? Will they fit?

Also, I am a bit confused about FCG. Some people say "you need to replace it to convert it" Why cant I use the same FCG that came with the gun? As you can tell I am NEW to this topic. I just want it to go smoothly without any alterations on my part or screw ups. Thanks for reading this. Take care. :smoke:

Thank you, I'll give him a try. :ded:

if you add a pistol grip you have to change your parts count... there is a sticky here that has an automatic parts count calculator... you will need to change the FCG Dinzag is great and its who i would recomend getting parts from..

if your guns front looks like that

http://goldismoney.info/forums/showthread.php?t=298274

then i would think that your front already accepts AK furniture...

the link posted does explain the pg conversion but is a little outdated.. and its a little easier now...