Extra Handguard Brackets?

I screwed mine in, and then during my first trip to the range, the bracket randomly came off. Turns out the bottom of it bent upwards from the firing. I love the handguard, but I hate the bracket.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any tips on how I can bend it back? I tried to get it back to normal, but I can't do it. I really don't want to blow an extra 30 bucks plus shipping just to replace a simple bracket.

Edited by Monk

Give me your address and I will send you a new one. You probably installed an old style bracket on a new style gun, the hole position was off, and it bent. When the Russians retooled in late 07, they moved the gas block foward about a 1/16". Some older guns were like that as well. The new bracket with the forward hole position will eliminate that problem.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

I certainly appreciate that. PM sent with address.

However, I think it might be the other way around in my case, but I'm not sure. When I installed it for the first time, I remember having to push down on the HG (down towards the receiver with the muzzle pointing upward) to get the hole to line up, then I tightened it up with a hex wrench. When I took it out to the range to fire, it somehow loosened the screw and bent the bottom till the HG came off. This leads me to believe that perhaps the hole was too far forward, but I dunno. I will edit this post and attach some pics.

HG1.jpg

HG2.jpg

Edited by Monk

Here is a pic of the new bracket (thanks again for sending a new one, Tony) compared to the old one (old one on left, new one on right). The tab is longer and the hole is higher on this one. There is also an outward bend to the tab and the bracket is narrower than the old one.

comparison.jpg

Now here is a pic of the fit. As you can see, the hole is now too far forward, so I can't get the screw in there to see if screwing it in will straighten the outward bend, which I'm guessing it would. As you can see at the bottom, there is a very slight gap where you can see through to the other side. Should I attempt to sand down the little notch a little deeper on the tab that goes into the receiver? This might make the holes line up on the new bracket (although it will mean that the old bracket will definitely not work anymore).

comparison2.jpg