Hi, I just purchased a Saiga SGL10. I want to convert it. My question(s) is this: I see that these "conversion kits" come with rivets. I know how rivets work, but are they designed to be "forced" or "tapped" in? Or do you need to smash the other end of it to keep them in. What are the alternate routes? I do not want to do any "smashing" Lets just say I dont have ALL the right tools for that procedure. Thanks again. Take care!

Edited by plasticman
You actually heat the rivets up to install them. That is if you are like everyone else and don't have a rivet press in you shop. I came across the attached article on rivets on a very good AK web site. Read over it, I will have to admit that it was easier than tapping for a bolt kit.

Very interesting, may give that a try. Thanks! :cryss:

IF you can gain access to a press you can make a rivit jig to samsh them the right way. Here is a video from a member on another Ak forum http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG-OndUlj28...re=channel_page

unfortunately I do not have an arbor press or milling machine to make the jig. Funny, I use to be a machinist and could have access to all of this equipment! AAAARRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH! :devil:

Thanks for the video, take care.

Edited by plasticman
what exactly do you need to rivet?

the trigger guard :rolleyes:

i used a screw set i got from dinsag for like $1 fit perfectly threw some loctite on it.. dont think it will be a problem.. you could probably just "pop rivet" it.. ive used pop rivets for quite a few things and they are fairly secure..