My 75 round drum holds 76.

Weird. Maybe the chinese translation for the numbers 75 and 76 got mixed up huh?

75 in chinese is 七十五

76 in chinese is 七十六

I could see where that might have happened, I guess... :unsure:

Kinda like Donkey Kong was really originally called Monkey Kong. Makes much more sense.

donkey_kong_en_smash_bros_brawl.jpg

donkey.gif

Edited by ernestmayhand

Maybe it happened when you were busy fucking it up getting the spring stuck. :haha:

Or maybe that's why the spring was stuck, you put too many in there. I don't know. I'm just throwing out options. I never read the conclusion of how you fixed the thing, so I don't know.

Maybe it happened when you were busy fucking it up getting the spring stuck. :haha:

Or maybe that's why the spring was stuck, you put too many in there. I don't know. I'm just throwing out options. I never read the conclusion of how you fixed the thing, so I don't know.

It was just that that button gets kinda jammed when the spring lets loose. Had to jostle the tabs between the two wheels a bit and then I could push the button. It's real hard to push too if you wind the drum up loaded and then try to push it in order to unwind the drum for storing loaded. Basically I learned you probably can't fuck one of these up, maybe if I accidentally installed it on the end of my barrel and pulled the trigger a few times. :smoke:

Do all these 75 round drums hold 76 or am I crazy or possibly in another dimension? It's a bulgy with the 10 stamp.

Nope you definitely f'ed it right in the A.....better send it to me so I can fix it :smoke:

Hey ScoutJoe I seen that pic of that mismatched SKS you put on another thread, you into those too? I just caught the SKS bug recently. This damn drum is specifically for my SKS-M project but there's not much about the drum on the SKS boards:

1210082327.jpg

Still need to clean it up so it doesn't look like a dog took a bite out of the stock.

1210082328.jpg

Hey ScoutJoe I seen that pic of that mismatched SKS you put on another thread, you into those too? I just caught the SKS bug recently. This damn drum is specifically for my SKS-M project but there's not much about the drum on the SKS boards:

My love for commie weaponry crosses platforms...

is that a yugo?

post-1914-1229146389_thumb.jpg

ya need to do it once...just to say that ya did :smoke:

My love for commie weaponry crosses platforms...

is that a yugo?

post-1914-1229146389_thumb.jpg

ya need to do it once...just to say that ya did :smoke:

Yah that's why everyone should have a Yugo!

Pictured above is the Chinese SKS-M with the Tapco stock and the ventilated handguard. I've got a beater Russian and another SKS-M which is new unfired. I'd like to get a SKS-D and a Yugo. Will wait for a steal though.

Yep, you can squeeze 76rds in the rear-load drum and 101 in the 100rd'ers. Nice to see someone else had evil ideas with their SKS-M, I got two and they're identical

Did you do the stock mod yourself and if yes, what was your process (figuring the measurments and what tools)? Your carrying handle would come in handy with this thing.

Edited by ernestmayhand

We made an initial relief cut just to get the drum into the stock and close to the front catch. Then we made a cut to get the drum to engage the front catch, then kept milling at the apx. angle till the stock followed the top profile of the drum and engaged the mag catch. We then did a clearance cut at the front to allow the mag to swing forward when released. I did three of these at the same time, so after doing the first, we simply aligned and clamped the stock to the next one, traced the pattern over, and machined out the relief cut on the other two stocks. As far as the carry handles go, we did a short run of them for this project and a couple RPK's. Makes it a lot easier to move the gun when hot or to pick it up off the ground when firing prone. We have a couple more in inventory somewhere.

As far as the carry handles go, we did a short run of them for this project and a couple RPK's. Makes it a lot easier to move the gun when hot or to pick it up off the ground when firing prone. We have a couple more in inventory somewhere.

I like that handle, how does it attach? I might be interested if like you say you've got some in your inventory somewhere.

SKS-MT6DrumCU.jpg

Edited by ernestmayhand