Problems with new Surefire 15 rnd mags

Okay guys, I just got 2 of the new Surefire 15 rnd mags from CSS and I can't get them to lock into my Saiga. This is NOT meant to be a critisism towards CSS!!! They were very fast on their shipment and I am more than happy with them and will order from them in the future! I have tried locking the mags in with the bolt open and closed but no luck. It appears that the small locking tab on the back of the mag is slightly larger than the factory one and therefore keeping the mag from locking in. Should I just CAREFULLY file this down (on the mags) or just send them back? Has anybody else had the same problem? Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Mike

Mike, Though I can't answer your question here is my experience. My 410 came with a 10 rd Surefire mag that fit VERY loose. When the 15s became available I called CSS and ask Greg if he thought they would fit better. He said all Saiga recievers are slightly different and he thought the 15 rd would fit better. Well it fit like a glove and works great!

I would think yours could be made to fit but I'm just a Saiga noob so I'll let others say for sure.

If anyone has a real tight reciever I have a 10 rd mag that should work.

I had the same problem with three RusMil mags that I bought a few years ago. They were all a bit different. I held them up against the four rounder that did fit to see how far off they were. Then, one at a time I gradually filed off material from the bottom of the lug, trying it in the gun every few strokes until they fit comfortably. They've worked fine ever since. Your mileage may vary.

The mags are designed to fit tight.

Make sure your gun and Magazine are unloaded. Place the front hook in its correct place and grab the front bottom of the mag and pull very firmly back towards you. You will not break it. It should lock into place. You may have to tap on the mag release to release the mag.

Do this 10 times or so and it should be perfect. You can also file the bottom of the tab a little at a time until it fits. It will NOT void the warranty. These mags are very strong and are made to fit tight. Some guns will be tighter than others.

Please call me if you are still having problems.

Greg

The mags are designed to fit tight.

Make sure your gun and Magazine are unloaded. Place the front hook in its correct place and grab the front bottom of the mag and pull very firmly back towards you. You will not break it. It should lock into place. You may have to tap on the mag release to release the mag.

Do this 10 times or so and it should be perfect. You can also file the bottom of the tab a little at a time until it fits. It will NOT void the warranty. These mags are very strong and are made to fit tight. Some guns will be tighter than others.

Please call me if you are still having problems.

Greg

Thanks for the info Greg, I appreciate it! I will try what you said first but after I got examining the mags, I noticed that the lip of the magazine is hitting inside the mag well at the top (on the ejection side), not allowing it to fully seat. If I can't get it fixed, I will call you. Thanks!

Mike

I had a different problem with my Surefire 15 rnd mag...

With mine the magazine would go in and lock OK, but I could not rack the bolt with an empty magazine. It was getting caught on the front of the follower -- the 15 rnd follower sticks up about 1/8" more than the follower in the Surefire 10 rnd mag. The bolt just would not budge.

I took off the top cover and the upper receiver latch so I could see better what was going on. I then discovered that without the spring tension on the bolt, I could rack the bolt. Did this 4 or 5 times, then removed the mag. I could see that the plastic on the front left lip of the follower had been worn smooth by racking the bolt multiple times. After this the mag worked fine.

Carl