410 for my son... 19" vs 21.5"

In the month of January I plan to add a Saiga 410 to the collection. The intended user of the 410 will be my 9 year old son but I'm sure he'll let me shoot it once in a while.

I plan to convert it to a pistol grip configuration but am still undecided on the butt stock (fixed or folded)

I have a IZ-109 S-12 converted to a 12C configuration and I like the overall length and have no issues with the 19" barrel. I was thinking that I would get him the same 19" barrel length.

I guess my question is what would be the optimal length for a 410? Should I go with the 19" or 21.5" barrel? Is the felt recoil better or worse with one or the other? Accuracy?

Thanks for helping me make an informed decision...

I doubt barrel length will have any impact on accuracy... although I personally think the longer shotty barrels LOOK cooler...

You will want to get a set of chokes for it, or at LEAST a full choke tube... If you plan to do any hunting with it... otherwise, you will find that the open cylinder bore is just a bit too open for most small game. I use a full choke on mine and nothing but number 4, 3" magnums... It is a "magical" combination... so far I am batting 1000 with this setup. I have shot dozens of critters... squirrel and cottontail... and I am still one for one... It has NOT missed yet! :up: :up:

:smoke: