Attempting a conversion..

Happy New Year!

I am working on educating myself on how to convert my Saiga 7.62 x 39 rifle. I purchased from Mississippi Arms the Tapco T6 pistol grip and collapsible stock, the galil fore grip, and the G2 single hook FCG. The issue before I begin the conversion is, I do not want to slide forward the FCG I want to swap out the parts to make them 922r compliant. Is this possible? If it is not, what is my remedy? I appreciate your help!

"You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and would do for themselves."

-Abraham Lincoln-

The issue before I begin the conversion is, I do not want to slide forward the FCG I want to swap out the parts to make them 922r compliant. Is this possible? If it is not, what is my remedy? I appreciate your help!

Happy New Year to you as well!

You can swap out the hammer and disconnector and not move the FCG forward, but you can't swap out the trigger without moving the FCG forward. So you only get two compliance parts this way instead of three...

Carl

The issue before I begin the conversion is, I do not want to slide forward the FCG I want to swap out the parts to make them 922r compliant. Is this possible? If it is not, what is my remedy? I appreciate your help!

Happy New Year to you as well!

You can swap out the hammer and disconnector and not move the FCG forward, but you can't swap out the trigger without moving the FCG forward. So you only get two compliance parts this way instead of three...

Carl

Carl,

I appreciate the advice. That will be enough to maintain compliance. I have read on this forum that the stock trigger is rather poor, but that will be a project for another day.

Many Thanks!

John

I wouldn't put it off. The full conversion really isn't that hard and can be done with a hand drill and basic hand tools. It makes the gun much better balanced and the trigger feel is night and day difference.

I agree with Kymasabe. A full converision is the way to go. You wont be disappointed.