Hay guys; I'v got a question about s-12 gas piston. Whats the advantage of installing a US made piston over the Russian. My gun runs like a clock like it is,

thanks to Tony, Mike D, cobra, Bob A, and I'm sure some other guys who post good stuff that my old brain won't bring up right. thanks Fred

It doesn't do anything for performance.

Are ya willing to make a wager? :angel:

If we're talking about this part:

pistonle4.jpg

yeah, I'll wager.

Yeah, I'd wager as well given that criteria. I had a different piston in mind :smoke:

Jonah80608004.jpg

Edited by kingarmory.com
It doesn't do anything for performance.

Are ya willing to make a wager? :angel:

If we're talking about this part:

pistonle4.jpg

yeah, I'll wager.

Yeah, I'd wager as well given that criteria. I had a different piston in mind :smoke:

Jonah80608004.jpg

Nice machine work! A few questions:

Advantage of your design?

Construction material?

Price?

Availability?

Nice machine work! A few questions:

Advantage of your design?

Construction material?

Price?

Availability?

-The forward face of the piston is relieved to allow the gas to flow into an open area rather than accumulating on a piston that is normally almost blocking the gas port. This also reduces the size and amount of solids accumulating in the cylinder.

-The volume provided by the relief allows a larger initial volume of gas into the gas cylinder which improves cycling, especially on low-powered loads.

-More precise fit and seal than the factory part

-The leading edge of the piston strips excess fouling off the cylinder walls and forces it back into the recess instead of allowing it to accumulate on the walls and jam the piston.

-It will generally run 1000-2000+ rounds between cleanings, and we are developing an improved gas block that will work in conjunction with this piston to increase that interval even further.

Here's a pic of one that ate 450 rounds of assorted ammo (about 75% was Win AA crap) without cleaning or inspection, as you can see, its remained very clean and is still a long way from needing service. BTW, the KA-SG01 is normally blackish in color from the hardening process, the stock pics of the piston were taken before hardening so that the details are more visible)

SG-01CA.jpg

The KA-SG01 is machined from 4340 chrome-moly and hardened. 4340CM is an extremely durable (and expensive :ded: ) alloy, but it handles impact and wear extremely well. Although it is more difficult to machine it is essential for a durable, consistent product.

The price is normally $47.99, but we're going to be running a special deal here on Saiga-12.com later this month. Stay tuned for details.

We are almost out of stock on them, but we're producing a big batch currently and will have them finished in time for the Saiga-12.com promo.

Edited by kingarmory.com
  • 2 months later...
Any idea of a time frame for the new gas blocks to be ready for purchase?

Thanks

The pistons are in stock, the gas blocks are being designed right now. We are going to have a lot of new parts coming out after summer.