New Importer?

Has anybody seen anything about a new importer picking up the Saiga? Is there any more info as to why EAA dropped them? I suspect it has something to do with that nut case who used a Saiga to kill the hunters out there in Wisconsin. Or does it maybe have something to do with Remington and their takeover of the Baikal shotguns?

I think they want more for each gun, and EAA wasnt going for it. Remington picked up thier baikals as they were putting a huge dent in american gun maker's profits with them. I think they are looking for a new importer that will be able to handle repairs better, and one that will give them more money per gun or something like that. russian export customs is kind of messed up right now, so I suspect that had a role in it as well. when they reimport them, you can expect the ATF to make a move on the 12 and 20 gauge shotguns then if they are planning to DD them, as that would be the perfect time to do it. we shall see.