first look at Charter Arms southpaw

Well this gun was for my girlfriend, and after we got it, it was properly cleaned and lubed. So, first day on the range, she's all excited, went over the basic safety rules and aiming and stance ect. She fires the first 5 rounds, gun runs great, accurate and has a good feel. She lets off another 5, and another 5 after that. So 15 rounds through the gun and on the shots 16-20, 3 of 5 shells wouldn't extract....this is using boxed blazer .38 special ball ammo....so i shrug it off and wrestle the shells out and load another 5 into the gun....this time ALL shells wouldn't budge. And everytime it was shot after that the same thing happend. I'm pretty pissed but i'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and claim the ammo was shitty, i'm gonna try remington next week and see what happens....if that doesn't work i'm tossing the POS back to charter arms for a new gun, then which will be sold and i'll get a M&P compact 9 and adjust the controls for a lefty....